Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unsure about uni work

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm learning the analysis book by Mary hart. I'm finding that I understand all the theory and don't have any problem understanding the proofs for the most part but I'm finding some of the problems quite hard. Is this normal? I've never understood the material but been unable to answer questions on it so I'm unsure
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukedavidhopkins1)
    I'm learning the analysis book by Mary hart. I'm finding that I understand all the theory and don't have any problem understanding the proofs for the most part but I'm finding some of the problems quite hard. Is this normal? I've never understood the material but been unable to answer questions on it so I'm unsure
    maybe post some examples and explain what the problem is?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukedavidhopkins1)
    the thought of not being able to do a question immediately, while maybe alien at a-level, becomes more and more common the further you progress
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty normal to me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds normal! They're not like A-level where you just apply methods so the extra thinking takes up all the time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    At university and probably particularly with Analysis and with Groups the answers are actually quite simple but they need quite a bit of thought to work out exactly how to tackle them.

The crucial difference between a-level and degree courses s that a-level tend to walk you through the question whereas at university you are only given the first and last step and you have to fill in everything in-between.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 15, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.