The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asset101
Does anyone know the process for GS, it goes from application recieved to then application under review. Is that just the common update process for them saying we have it and actually reading it, or do both of those mean the same and actually it just means we have it? I have two applications with them one is received and the other under review. Any thoughts? Thanks

I heard from the SW thread that there was some discussion about if your application went to 'under review' then it had made it through the initial filtering. Most likely BS but who knows.
Reply 221
Original post by Blue_Horseshoe
I heard from the SW thread that there was some discussion about if your application went to 'under review' then it had made it through the initial filtering. Most likely BS but who knows.

I had an application before (last year or something) that went from received to under review then got an email for first round interviews. It kind of looks like a case of passed a check and if they like you they will contact you, so could be the internal filter process or BS ha!
Just taken the UBS tests.

Numerical was easy, loads of time (25mins for 18Qs) but I found the logical diagrams a little tricky. A mix of easy and some more complex.

I just got this email. Does anyone know if they send rejection emails straight after the test? Or is this standard? Thanks

Thank you for completing the online tests as part of your application for the UBS Internship or Graduate Training Program

If you are successful, your application will be screened by our recruitment team and we will contact you regarding next steps. If you do not hear from us immediately, it is because we are still considering your application.

If you are unsuccessful at this stage, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Original post by vraj101
anyone here confirmed to go to the gs netowrking on the 21st/23rd?
all my current statuses are 'waitlisted'

general case or am i on the reserve list?

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Securities one on the 15th. Deadline is today, perhaps they will review from here on.

Says "Pending" at the moment.
I had an application before (last year or something) that went from received to under review then got an email for first round interviews. It kind of looks like a case of passed a check and if they like you they will contact you, so could be the internal filter process or BS ha!

Well hopefully for you haha! Would be an interesting thing to figure out.
Reply 225
They tell you in 24hr if you fail, so you will be told don't worry. As for a pass they don't email that though it just goes to manager review under the HR status box. What area you have applied to?

Original post by bluenose53
Just taken the UBS tests.

Numerical was easy, loads of time (25mins for 18Qs) but I found the logical diagrams a little tricky. A mix of easy and some more complex.

I just got this email. Does anyone know if they send rejection emails straight after the test? Or is this standard? Thanks

Thank you for completing the online tests as part of your application for the UBS Internship or Graduate Training Program

If you are successful, your application will be screened by our recruitment team and we will contact you regarding next steps. If you do not hear from us immediately, it is because we are still considering your application.

If you are unsuccessful at this stage, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
They tell you in 24hr if you fail, so you will be told don't worry. As for a pass they don't email that though it just goes to manager review under the HR status box. What area you have applied to?

Ah ok cheers. Well here's hoping.

Equities Sales Summer
Reply 227
Original post by viksta1000
Lazard rejection after SHL...knew I effed it up...dayum

How long did they take to give you the rejection after the test? I think I will get the same...
Reply 228
Original post by miml
Lazard interview :smile:

Congrats!!
How long did they take to invite you to the verbal test after the quant one?
Original post by WallStreetWolf
I'm still waiting to hear back from the Securities one on the 15th. Deadline is today, perhaps they will review from here on.

Says "Pending" at the moment.

same here, just hope we get it. Do you think they're reviewing it properly or just anyone would be able to come as in first come first serve?
How much of a disadvantage will I be at if I apply for my internships in mid September? I know they're already open but the Internet here is so temperamental I'm too scared to attempt to do any numerical tests and it crash halfway through so want to wait til I get back to England.

Also anyone apply for the GS networking on the 23rd?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 231
Original post by cruel3a
Congrats!!
How long did they take to invite you to the verbal test after the quant one?

Got the verbal immediately after the numerical. Interview invite about an hour later.
Original post by sportycricketer
same here, just hope we get it. Do you think they're reviewing it properly or just anyone would be able to come as in first come first serve?

I hope it's the latter, however the fact we had to send in a CV to allow ourselves to be in the same premises as the Goldman Sach's employees suggests they will review! haha.

Good luck.
Original post by cruel3a
How long did they take to give you the rejection after the test? I think I will get the same...

they gave me about 4 hours to live before they shot me in the head :wink:
Reply 234
Have any more companies opened their applications yet, or is this it until September?
Reply 235
Ah ok cheers. Well here's hoping.

Equities Sales Summer

What's your status looking like for UBS?
What's your status looking like for UBS?

As suspected after yesterdays logical, my status is a nice:

Thank you for your application to UBS and for completing the online assessment.

After thorough evaluation, we regret to inform you that we will not be inviting you to the next stage.

We wish you every success in the future.
As suspected after yesterdays logical, my status is a nice:

Thank you for your application to UBS and for completing the online assessment.

After thorough evaluation, we regret to inform you that we will not be inviting you to the next stage.

We wish you every success in the future.

sorry to hear that mate

but I admire your sense of humour, good to see that people on this thread (including myself) can still joke after hearing this sort of news...i bet it changes though when we only have 2-3 banks to hear from, I know I'll be crapping myself when it gets to that stage haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by viksta1000
sorry to hear that mate

but I admire your sense of humour, good to see that people on this thread (including myself) can still joke after hearing this sort of news...i bet it changes though when we only have 2-3 banks to hear from, I know I'll be crapping myself when it gets to that stage haha

Well almost for the lolz and also because it will do no harm, I'm trying to claim a technical quip on the test to see if I can do it again, long shot haha
Reply 239

Well almost for the lolz and also because it will do no harm, I'm trying to claim a technical quip on the test to see if I can do it again, long shot haha

Long shot, naaa! Always worth the shot is the phrase you should be using.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending