The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by miml
greenhill interview invite. completed the test on the weekend.

Congrats! Same when is yours?

Also how was the Lazard numerical? SHL? Just going to do it tonight.
Reply 161
Original post by Ram92
Congrats! Same when is yours?

Also how was the Lazard numerical? SHL? Just going to do it tonight.

Nice! Mine's on Wednesday.

Yeah, SHL numerical and verbal. I think it's 18 questions in 25mins for the numerical and 30 questions in 15mins for the verbal.
Just a heads up that you can apply for Goldman Sachs Securities and IBD networking events through their website. Deadline for securities is on 9th August, and the event on 15th August, as I'm on holiday.
Reply 163
Greenhill phone interview coming soon as well, it seems that everyone on this thread is getting interviews :smile:

Do u know what we should expect? Just the usual stuff like why us? why m&a? tell me about a time...

And I didn't really understand, who is doing these interviews? Greenhill staff or is it outsourced as in the past with the Cornell Partnership?
Original post by nicepower
Greenhill phone interview coming soon as well, it seems that everyone on this thread is getting interviews :smile:

Do u know what we should expect? Just the usual stuff like why us? why m&a? tell me about a time...

And I didn't really understand, who is doing these interviews? Greenhill staff or is it outsourced as in the past with the Cornell Partnership?

I think it is being conducted by the Freshminds staff.
fyi guys, called GS HR today and they said that they DO NOT recruit summer on a rolling basis. First AC is in November this year.
Reply 166
Where does everyone use for their SHL or general numerical practice questions before doing company assessment tests. I have been using assessmentday but their questions are running thin. Thanks and good luck to those people with Greenhill interviews, I am extremely jealous :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by miml

Yeah, SHL numerical and verbal. I think it's 18 questions in 25mins for the numerical and 30 questions in 15mins for the verbal.

Hi guys,

Is this for SA or FT? If this is for FT, would you mind share your profile stats?
I applied to GHL last week for their FT program and did not hear anything yet.
Reply 168
Original post by cruel3a
Hi guys,

Is this for SA or FT? If this is for FT, would you mind share your profile stats?
I applied to GHL last week for their FT program and did not hear anything yet.

Maybe for FT they wait till late Aug to see what their headcount for external full-time hires is...?
Reply 169
Original post by bluenose53
I think it is being conducted by the Freshminds staff.

Is this for FT or Summer?
Reply 170
Original post by effofex
Maybe for FT they wait till late Aug to see what their headcount for external full-time hires is...?

Yes, I was thinking the same. This is why I asked if your application was for FT or SA.
Reply 171
Original post by goku90
where is the risk option for barcap?? doesnt seem to be there. this is for grad roles btw.

yeah i saw that as well - thing is i applied on the 1st aug and the option was there (EMEA Risk London), and when i was just about to send off my app the next day, it had disappeared :frown:

emailed barcap and they said this:

'Applications to all of our 2013 programmes are available to be viewed online now via our website. They opened on August 1st and we recruit on a rolling basis. If you are unable to see the role you wish to apply to, it may mean that it has already been filled.

Regards

Campus Recruitment'

so guessing they are probably gonna hire their interns if im honest.
Original post by nicoledol
yeah i saw that as well - thing is i applied on the 1st aug and the option was there (EMEA Risk London), and when i was just about to send off my app the next day, it had disappeared :frown:

emailed barcap and they said this:

'Applications to all of our 2013 programmes are available to be viewed online now via our website. They opened on August 1st and we recruit on a rolling basis. If you are unable to see the role you wish to apply to, it may mean that it has already been filled.

Regards

Campus Recruitment'

so guessing they are probably gonna hire their interns if im honest.

Same happened with Research. Came back an hour later and it disappeared
Reply 173
Original post by PrincePauper
Same happened with Research. Came back an hour later and it disappeared

barcap can be such a tease! :tongue:
Reply 174
Original post by miml

The numerical sounds alright! But that is a lot of questions for the verbal is it not for 15 minutes? eeek!!
Were the passages long?
cheers!
Anyone applying for Asset Management? I can't seem to find another thread for it.
Reply 176
Original post by Ram92
The numerical sounds alright! But that is a lot of questions for the verbal is it not for 15 minutes? eeek!!
Were the passages long?
cheers!

Passages were normal length, but the questions were quite short and there are 3/4 questions on each passage so once you read the passage once you don't have to go back over it really. Might have been 18 minutes though.
Reply 177
I've just received a message from BarCap, 2 hours after my application, saying that they were withdrawing my application because this year they do not offer any graduate position in IBD because of their conversion rate... WTF.
Reply 178
Original post by cruel3a
I've just received a message from BarCap, 2 hours after my application, saying that they were withdrawing my application because this year they do not offer any graduate position in IBD because of their conversion rate... WTF.

I'm a bit worried they're going to do this with me too. I applied for Risk and people above in this thread are saying you can't apply for it anymore. I applied on August 1st. :frown: Will they let you make another application to another division? I'm just hoping it doesn't count as my one application per year. Not really fair if they never had any positions to begin with!
Original post by cruel3a

shiiiiit...

cjsfish - hopefully if you applied early you could be in contention for the 1-2 spots left for grad... if there are any left...

I applied for trading and done the tests on the 2nd. Havent heard anything yet

Quick Reply