The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4840
It's annoying but most people on this forum have waited that long! I'm on hold currently to. But can't complain as they do make it clear the process can take a long time.
Original post by Mrwalton
Been waiting almost a year!!
Original post by Kate_E
It's annoying but most people on this forum have waited that long! I'm on hold currently to. But can't complain as they do make it clear the process can take a long time.

True, but there's a difference between waiting for security clearances for 4-6 months, and waiting for a job we should have technically started in October/November last year!
Reply 4842
Can't argue with you there just trying to stay positive. Atleast we got a job which is all I keep trying to focus on! Fingers crossed we will know in April.
True, but there's a difference between waiting for security clearances for 4-6 months, and waiting for a job we should have technically started in October/November last year!
Original post by Kate_E
Can't argue with you there just trying to stay positive. Atleast we got a job which is all I keep trying to focus on! Fingers crossed we will know in April.

That's if they don't throw another spanner in the works and defer it again or worse.......
Reply 4844
That's if they don't throw another spanner in the works and defer it again or worse.......

Just thinking (dangerous I know!). There's a general election due in May. There may be a need for those in charge of Border Force to hold out until the new Government is formed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fac51
Just thinking (dangerous I know!). There's a general election due in May. There may be a need for those in charge of Border Force to hold out until the new Government is formed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True!
You just never know
Hi did anyone apply for the so job at Tilburydocks iIknow the interviews finished on the 20th just
Wondered how long it takes them to get in touch either way ????
Reply 4847
So there is still some recruitment activity then....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seanh1990
22 thousand a year with 43% shift disturbance on top

Thank you. Is that the starting salary? Are you an officer at Stansted?
Original post by ncismad
Thank you. Is that the starting salary? Are you an officer at Stansted?

Yes and yes :smile: if you have any other questions let me know
Reply 4850
Border Force currently have a freeze on new starts until the new financial year comes in on 1st April (no money left at the moment).

I know that for some locations, those on hold will be offered positions after 1st April - I can't talk for every location though.

If frustrating for those of us in the job as we need new staff to share the burden of work, lets hope its all fixed soon!
Original post by K42
Border Force currently have a freeze on new starts until the new financial year comes in on 1st April (no money left at the moment).

I know that for some locations, those on hold will be offered positions after 1st April - I can't talk for every location though.

If frustrating for those of us in the job as we need new staff to share the burden of work, lets hope its all fixed soon!

Let's hope so

As it looks like I will be starting this position as gatwick a year after I applied for it and as I am booked to go on holiday at the end of April for 2 weeks (and they will not allow training to be interrupted) there is a good chance I will not be starting until June 😕

Very frustrating
Reply 4852
Hello, this is probably wrong but I was advised that we might hear in march with a view of starting in April as they are aware many people will have to give 1 months notice. I will also have been waiting over a year but seems most people are in the same boat so trying to stay positive and looking forward to starting! 😄
Let's hope so

As it looks like I will be starting this position as gatwick a year after I applied for it and as I am booked to go on holiday at the end of April for 2 weeks (and they will not allow training to be interrupted) there is a good chance I will not be starting until June 😕

Very frustrating
Original post by Kate_E
Hello, this is probably wrong but I was advised that we might hear in march with a view of starting in April as they are aware many people will have to give 1 months notice. I will also have been waiting over a year but seems most people are in the same boat so trying to stay positive and looking forward to starting! 😄

It's the 'ifs' 'mights' 'probably' and 'maybe's' that are the frustrating part. I know most people are in the same boat still doesn't take away the frustration on not knowing. All I want is a definitive answer so I know where I stand and have something to work to. If we do start til April, then that's fine and will be happy when we start. I just want certainty
Reply 4854
Agreed it's doing my head on not knowing.
It's the 'ifs' 'mights' 'probably' and 'maybe's' that are the frustrating part. I know most people are in the same boat still doesn't take away the frustration on not knowing. All I want is a definitive answer so I know where I stand and have something to work to. If we do start til April, then that's fine and will be happy when we start. I just want certainty
Contacted border force regarding start dates for Gatwick.

Response

'We have been advised that senior management at Gatwick have not yet been able to make any decisions with regards to start dates. Apologies are sent on their behalf that a more positive response can not be sent at the current time'
I was lucky as I was offered a start date in November for Heathrow and they decided to honour it...lucky I know!! Even after all that it was over a year after I initially applied for the job that I started!! Just keep hanging in there, it will happen eventually!!!! Xx
Buddy267, What terminal are you based in? And have you finished training?
Reply 4858
Hi

Have you gone for your interview yet?
Hey guys,

I need a little bit of help. At the moment I'm 18 years old just finishing my last year in college doing Travel and Tourism Level 3. I would like to work in future for the UK Border Force however I would like to get some help. Is Public Services at Level 3 needed as a qualification or simply Travel and Tourism would be enough? Obviously I've got a C in Maths and currently re-sitting my English..

Hope it makes sense to anyone what I'm struggling with. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending