The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4940
Sorry to hear this. All a bit rubbish really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's wrong how it's all been done.
To keep people hanging on and then after they hang on for a pro longed period of time tell them there is no jobs
Reply 4942
Original post by Mrwalton
I think it's wrong how it's all been done.
To keep people hanging on and then after they hang on for a pro longed period of time tell them there is no jobs

No news for you then yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fac51
No news for you then yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't heard anything yet
I think what is working in my favour is that my start date was deferred rather than my application being put on hold.
So we will see
What's the plan for you?
You've dodged a bullet guys don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gazgareth
You've dodged a bullet guys don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why'd you say that. Border force that bad?
Original post by Mrwalton
Why'd you say that. Border force that bad?
It's not a career you will want to do for the rest of your life, but it is a well paid and developmental placeholder that will act as a bridge between you now and what you want to do in the future.
Hi all,
In reference to the above post - I agree, however, if you make it to HEO/CIO grade then I do think it's a potential job for life as you won't be doing the mundane activities that EOs/IOs do.
Original post by Charlotte1211
Hi all,
In reference to the above post - I agree, however, if you make it to HEO/CIO grade then I do think it's a potential job for life as you won't be doing the mundane activities that EOs/IOs do.
if you're a CIO you will pretty much not be doing anything. It's more if you're ypung, smart and ambitious that you'll be looking to move on.
Original post by Llamageddon
if you're a CIO you will pretty much not be doing anything. It's more if you're ypung, smart and ambitious that you'll be looking to move on.

Well, with the AHW rates on top of your salary it makes it worthwhile to stay on and go for HEO or SEO positions. Remember AHW rates vary across the different commands within Heathrow so if you're fed up with PCP try and go for a level transfer.

If I decided to go for a HEO position in the dept of education then I'll be taking a pay cut and I prefer working AHW as I enjoy having 5 days off.
Hi. Any chance anyone has a contact I can email regarding my application. I was offered a role at Stansted back In Jan, got my security checks through but heard nothing else.

Thanks.
Original post by ncismad
Hi. Any chance anyone has a contact I can email regarding my application. I was offered a role at Stansted back In Jan, got my security checks through but heard nothing else.

Thanks

[email protected]

Ignore the space between the c and e it's all one work
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE="Mrwalton;54564329"]
Original post by ncismad

Thanks

[email protected]

Ignore the space between the c and e it's all one work

Thanks
Reply 4953
Original post by TonyM1551
Had an interview for Assistant Immigration Officer (Pathway) on Monday 9th Feb.
Competency based mainly.
45 minutes, 4 competencies, about 10 mins each
Interviews upto March 2015
2 officers interviewed me, short staffed so should find out end March/ early April 2015

Have you heard back from them
Reply 4954
Hi

Has anyone heard back from the immigration pathway at Becket house
Original post by Zigler2145
Well, with the AHW rates on top of your salary it makes it worthwhile to stay on and go for HEO or SEO positions. Remember AHW rates vary across the different commands within Heathrow so if you're fed up with PCP try and go for a level transfer.

If I decided to go for a HEO position in the dept of education then I'll be taking a pay cut and I prefer working AHW as I enjoy having 5 days off.
given the design of civil service competencies though you would likely get to seo far sooner if you moved role.
Original post by Mspipi
Have you heard back from them

No news as yet!
did receive an email recently stating results would be announced week beginning 23rd March 2015..........it's sat 28th now!!!
waiting game
Was anyone else successful for the border force job for stansted? I was offered a position back in Jan. I've had my security clearance through but heard nothing else. I emailed yesterday and the email back just said I'd get a letter in the next 10 days with an update. Has the stansted roles been dropped like Gatwick?
Reply 4958
Yes I did I have been forever checking my mail
Snap. Security Clearance all done, just waiting for date. I spoke to someone at Stansted at the end of the week who told me the same "letter will be sent in the next 7 to 10 days". Hopefully good news!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending