The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good luck everyone! Haven't had my interview yet so I cannot give any more insight. But just wanted to say all the best to everyone
I've got my interview the week after next...really nervous about the presentation. Anyway, good luck everyone!
same, im adopting the same attitude. I'll also post again to update everyone about the presentation.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
I find it funny that everyone is worried about the presentation as from my experience the interview is the hard part!

Anyway, Good Luck to everyone!
Reply 44
I've got my on line test and quite nervous about this, how was it, can you give me an idea of it, and best practices??:frown::smile:
the online tests were fine so I wouldn't worry too much about them...try and do some practice tests, there are loads of free ones online. good luck!
Reply 46
Hi everyone,

I booked my interview slot a few days ago its in a week. Just read through the posts, and there's a lot of useful help on here.

So basically its a 5 min presentation that we have to carry out following 10 mins for preparing it.

Then a 30 minutes interview based on competency based q's.

Does anybody know how many roles are going?
Well, I had two tests in total.
1. It was just like a simple case study and I had to read it and match it to the correct answers. (I kind of skimmed read this when I did loooooool but take your time it's pretty easy)
2. It was a simple checking test, you would look at two differen't tables, and see if one matches the other which was pretty easy, I did it in like half the time.

These tests are okay, PM me if you want me to find you an online examples which are relatively similar.

Best of luck.
Reply 48
Original post by Mature
I've got my on line test and quite nervous about this, how was it, can you give me an idea of it, and best practices??:frown::smile:

Are they still doing the online tests ? I thought they were or would be past that stage by now ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm not sure, but i've completed mine ages ago and I have an interview on the 15th.
Reply 50
Original post by Guvnor
Are they still doing the online tests ? I thought they were or would be past that stage by now ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think this is due to the fact that they are recruiting on a rolling basis, so people are at various stages of the recruitment process.
I have started going through my key competencies, and it seems some of them dont go above 2minutes. Are you all hitting around 5minutes?
Reply 52
Original post by NotYourAverage'
Well, I had two tests in total.
1. It was just like a simple case study and I had to read it and match it to the correct answers. (I kind of skimmed read this when I did loooooool but take your time it's pretty easy)
2. It was a simple checking test, you would look at two differen't tables, and see if one matches the other which was pretty easy, I did it in like half the time.

These tests are okay, PM me if you want me to find you an online examples which are relatively similar.

Best of luck.

Hi there, i would really appreciate if you would could help me find some similar online examples
Reply 53
Just wondered if anyone knows if we're presenting in front of a group as there were a lot of slots available at the same time, or will it just be to a couple of the people in charge of recruiting?

Thanks and good luck anyone going this week
Original post by Mature
Hi there, i would really appreciate if you would could help me find some similar online examples

try SHL or Assessment Day - i think they have free practice verbal reasoning tests. I don't know of any practice checking tests but they are pretty straighforward.
Reply 55
Hi,

Does anyone know why we are required to attend at least 30mins before the booked interview slot??
Reply 56
Original post by Bris
Just wondered if anyone knows if we're presenting in front of a group as there were a lot of slots available at the same time, or will it just be to a couple of the people in charge of recruiting?

Thanks and good luck anyone going this week

Normally you only present in front of a few assessors (2 or 3). You can't really present to other candidates as they could then copy you as in the name of fairness you are all required to present the same material.

Original post by Reyman
Hi,

Does anyone know why we are required to attend at least 30mins before the booked interview slot??

Probably to copy your ID, any other admin or just to make sure that you are there on time.
Original post by Mature
You can technically take them more than once. At least, I saw nothing to stop you.

You shouldn't need to though. They're very basic.
Reply 58
Just wondering if anyone knows if online statements are Ok for proof of address? I have a council tax bill but I don't have the paper counterpart to my license (requested another but doesn't look like getting here in time) and all my bank statements are online so struggling for the 2nd if they have to be originals. Alternatively if anyone has a number I can call them on and ask myself that would also be good as I don't think I've seen a contact number for the relevant department, just Capita which I don't think is who I'd need to ask.
I am having this issue too - my driving licence has my parent's address on it - I have applied for a new one but don't think it will arrive on time. I've got a utility bill and payslips etc for my current address but don't get paper bank statements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending