The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure it's fine if you take your previous address and take 6months worth of statements. What about 'Cheque book and bank card accompanied by 3 statements and proof of signature' or 'Credit card accompanied by 3 statements and proof of signature'.
(edited 11 years ago)
I don't get bank statements in the post, i get them through my online banking and they don't have an address on them. I'm sure I can go into the bank and get them though.
Reply 62
Does anybody know if the current recruitment campaign (for existing Civil Servants) is following the same process as the one being discussed here? I've done the online test recently, and (on the basis I pass that) am just wondering whether it'll be exactly the same process?
Reply 63
Original post by millsy1976
Does anybody know if the current recruitment campaign (for existing Civil Servants) is following the same process as the one being discussed here? I've done the online test recently, and (on the basis I pass that) am just wondering whether it'll be exactly the same process?

If you've done the online test, I'd say you're going through the same process.
Reply 64
Original post by K42
If you've done the online test, I'd say you're going through the same process.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but all the information i've been sent doesn't mention an assessment or presentation......just an interview.

Ah well - time will tell....
Original post by millsy1976
You'd think so wouldn't you, but all the information i've been sent doesn't mention an assessment or presentation......just an interview.

Ah well - time will tell....
Out of curiosity what role are you currently doing in the civil service?
What was the pay you were told?
Reply 67
I too had my interview yesterday and like Slowcoach said, it wasn't really a presentation but a 'what would you do in different scenarios.' It was fairly relaxed, so for those of you that haven't attended- it isn't anything to worry about.

I did not ask about the salary, so do not have any info on this. Did they tell you when you are likely to hear?
Reply 68
What pay did they tell you and when you will heard from them.

Original post by SlowCoach
Well I had mine today and all I had was 15mins to read a role scenario, giving details of problems you are facing. This together with a competency interview was done after it.

There were alot of stuff which didn't make sense to me, I was expecting a presentation, the pay was different to what I had seen when applying for the job, plus the description was different.

From the amount of documentation which is taken, I am thinking, they are offering the jobs like sweets.

There are 400 more jobs coming up in the next couple weeks, for the Border Force thingy
I had mine as well, a 15 minute role play, it wasn't a presentation at all lol. Just three scenarios, and you had to say what you would do in a given situation, it was pretty easy. They even gave me some hints during the role play, its like they wanted me to say the right stuff. They only asked me two competencies, and that was pretty straightforward. As for the salary, on the Home Office and Civil Service website I was told £23-27,000, so I don't know who advertised it as £35,000.
(edited 11 years ago)
23-25k is not much considering you will be living in London (if you don't already live there). Plus shift work sucks A$$.
Still hope I get it, but I would much rather get the Met police grad scheme.
Reply 72
Can I ask what you have all applied for? I recently applied for the caseworker graduate scheme (deadline tomorrow); is that what you have all gone for as well?
I decided not to go further with the met police grad scheme, i don't think it's a job i would enjoy doing. Best of luck though!

I assume it would be roughly 25k + 3k london living allowance + shift work, which together comes to around 30k. I applied to the immigration officer role at heathrow, but i have also applied for the caseworker role.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NotYourAverage'
I decided not to go further with the met police grad scheme, i don't think it's a job i would enjoy doing. Best of luck though!

I assume it would be roughly 25k + 3k london living allowance + shift work, which together comes to around 30k. I applied to the immigration officer role at heathrow, but i have also applied for the caseworker role.
I got to the final stage with merseyside police ~3 years ago, put on hold since then (seriously!) and now don't think I'd want to do it. The role itself would likely be very rewarding but police are treated like **** by their employers.

The wage bands for this role appear to be better than the police and I imagine it will be a lot less stressful. I went into research because I thought it would be conceptually demanding, challenging work and it wasn't. I figure all jobs are boring, you've just got to get the best balance between pay and stress.
Reply 75

Is it allowed to apply for both roles as both are through the same system? Does applying for one and then the other not cancel out the initial application?
(edited 11 years ago)
It's fine to apply to more than one at a time, I applied (and filled) both as separate applications.
Reply 77
Guys, are you saying that it is a role play and not a presentation? this process seems strange, why are they asking us to bring so much identification. What were the scenarios about, where they tricky?

Kind Regards:confused:
Original post by South Cane
Guys, are you saying that it is a role play and not a presentation? this process seems strange, why are they asking us to bring so much identification. What were the scenarios about, where they tricky?

Kind Regards:confused:

Yes, it's a role play, your just explaining what action you would take in each given situation, from a total of three. I can't remember the scenarios sorry, otherwise I would have written them down. I tried to take the paper with me but she didn't let me haha. it wasn't hard at all, pretty easy actually, there's no need to prepare like they said in your email, they just want to see how you would react, or your reasoning in a situation. It seems like your over thinking it. Someone said earlier the amount of identification might mean that there giving quite a lot of jobs away. Hope that helps x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Yes, it's a role play, your just explaining what action you would take in each given situation, from a total of three. I can't remember the scenarios sorry, otherwise I would have written them down. I tried to take the paper with me but she didn't let me haha. it wasn't hard at all, pretty easy actually, there's no need to prepare like they said in your email, they just want to see how you would react, or your reasoning in a situation. It seems like your over thinking it. Someone said earlier the amount of identification might mean that there giving quite a lot of jobs away. Hope that helps x

Thanks for your help! i booked my interview for the last day, i wanted to make sure that i prepared for the interview as best as i can! Hopefully things will run smoothly!

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending