The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by IzzyBallin
That's good to know, yeah 30 mins for an interviewer is fairly short..Hey well if you get a response before Weds 13th then please let us know..i might then use those examples on application..problem with me is I take extra precaution then my interviews last forever.

I've already got the job so that's why I'm saying you can use the same as that's what I did. I had two interviewers and both were nice and they didn't seem to mind me using the same examples.
Just here to wish good luck to everyone that's got an interview for any of the roles this coming week! ...and hopefully those with results still outstanding will get positive responses too. :beer:
Original post by Bob-Loblaw
Just here to wish good luck to everyone that's got an interview for any of the roles this coming week! ...and hopefully those with results still outstanding will get positive responses too. :beer:

is your interview this week to ?
Original post by regularposter
is your interview this week to ?

Yep. Tomorrow afternoon!
Original post by Bob-Loblaw
Yep. Tomorrow afternoon!

ooo good luck ! i have mine on tuesday let me know how it goes. im just doing some preparation at the moment
Reply 1665
So, will this week finally be THE week?? At least the stress and the worry is long past now. I don't care if I get an i/v or not anymore. I'd just like to know one way or the other so I can move on!!
Reply 1666
Original post by Jezza_S
So, will this week finally be THE week?? At least the stress and the worry is long past now. I don't care if I get an i/v or not anymore. I'd just like to know one way or the other so I can move on!!

How many of us are still waiting to hear now???
Reply 1667
Oh no! People are still waiting to hear back?! I had my interview last weds an am now waiting to hear back from my interview!! Got my invite to interview 2 Tuesdays ago!! Good luck guys

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1668
Original post by Zvyezda

Border Force Officer: still waiting to hear if I got an i/v
Barrier Caseworker: didn't get through online tests/paper sift
At the interview do you have to write things down or is it a verbal q and a style interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1670
Original post by Zvyezda

Barrier Caseworker: Rejected without interview.
Assistant Border officer: Still to hear from application / online tests.
Border Officer: Still to hear from application / online tests.

This is just getting silly now. A rejection at this point would really take the biscuit.
Reply 1671
Original post by MFK47

This is just getting silly now. A rejection at this point would really take the biscuit.

My thoughts exactly....
Reply 1672
Original post by MFK47
Assistant Border officer: Still to hear from application / online tests.
Border Officer: Still to hear from application / online tests.

Tempted to email them, but already did last week.
I can't see why they were able to get back on time regarding the barrier case worker role but not BFO.
Reply 1673
It's pretty awful that we're now into the third week AFTER the deadline when we were supposed to hear back. I wonder if UKBA are aware just how badly Capita are handling their recruitment? Perhaps UKBA are the ones to email? All you're going to get back from Capita is the standard 'we hope to reply within the coming week' rubbish.
Reply 1674
Original post by RAFecon
Tempted to email them, but already did last week.
I can't see why they were able to get back on time regarding the barrier case worker role but not BFO.

Maybe they had more applications for this role?
Reply 1675
Original post by Zvyezda

yeah maybe - but around 120 got invited to the barrier case worker role assessment so there must have been a few apply to that too.
Reply 1676
Original post by Zvyezda

Possibly, but it's still pretty poor that they're not letting people know after all this time. How long can it possibly take? It also makes no sense at all that some people have had interviews for BFO whilst some don't even know if they have an i/v. How can they schedule interviews, before they've reviewed ALL the applications and therefore determined the best applicants for the role??
Reply 1677
Original post by Jezza_S
Possibly, but it's still pretty poor that they're not letting people know after all this time. How long can it possibly take? It also makes no sense at all that some people have had interviews for BFO whilst some don't even know if they have an i/v. How can they schedule interviews, before they've reviewed ALL the applications and therefore determined the best applicants for the role??

I know that some have had interviews for ABFO, but didn't realise that there had been any for BFO yet?
I read this post from the start. Started on friday after I received my email saying that I passed and to go and book an interview. When I went to book an interview only two dates were available, 13&14. I picked the 14th. :smile:

I know some have already had their interview for ABFO and BFO, make sure you let us know when you've found out if you've passed. I'll be sure to let you know how mine went.

Looking at others experience its likely that we won't know if we've passed the interview stage for upto 3 weeks!:s-smilie:
Had my interview for the caseworker post today. As most people have said, there are no surprises. You do indeed get asked ONLY competency questions (nothing about motivation, knowledge of UKBA, etc) and the written exercise is nothing to worry about. The major pressure with that is how you allocate time between reading and writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending