The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Salapanda
I had my interview for the UKBA barrier case worker role this morning. The lady interviewing me said that as far as she knew today was the last day of interviews. They were so disorganised though! The interviewers were late and the clock was missing from the test room.
I wish I had an idea how I'd done but they didn't give anything away. Hopefully they don't keep anyone hanging much longer...I've not even been waiting a day and the wait is already killing me! QUOTE

that means we could start finding out tomorrow or monday hopefully! i no i hate waiting .
(edited 11 years ago)
You're being very optimistic considering the timescales we've been dealing with lately :tongue: I'm usually the same when it comes to waiting for news on interviews/ACs but I'm oddly laid-back about this one. I've come to the conclusion that I fluffed the competency interview and so don't expect much at all. All I can hope is that the written part has saved me!
Reply 1722
The people who had the early interviews should find out starting from tomorrow I reckon, by my calculations/experience I should find out tomorrow or Monday! Latest by Wednesday!! I had my interview last Weds. I was told that the written assessments were all being sent off last Friday and take a few days to mark so the earliest results will be released are this Friday!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi Guys,

Got my interview next Thursday for Border Force. Has anyone else got interview for BF.
Reply 1724
My interview went fairly well compared with the hash I made of the barrier caseworker interview. Going through the core competency framework with a fine tooth comb and moulding your example around their criteria is definitely the way forward.

The test itself was incredibly straight forward and just a bit of common sense should see you through that. No right or wrong answers its just an opportunity for them to see how you articulate yourself. The speak effectively competency is a general assessment throughout your interview.

The interview consists of the remaining three competencies which lasts about 30 minutes. I had two male interviewers who were the exact opposite of the battle axes I faced first time round. It helped that one had a cold so he didn't feel the need to ask many questions.

The capita interviewer has no clue of the coordination of the recruitment process. Neither did the ukba coordinator. It's such a fragmented process that no one had the answers to my crapita questions. Sorry folks, I did try.

Allegedly i will hear about the result in a couple of weeks but can see that being more like a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1725
Original post by johnderby
Hi Guys,

Got my interview next Thursday for Border Force. Has anyone else got interview for BF.

Congratulations on that, when did you hear from them?

I'm still waiting.
I found out on Tuesday, out of the blue. I am wondering how many competencies questions they are going to ask in interview.

Any ideas?
Reply 1727
Original post by johnderby
I found out on Tuesday, out of the blue. I am wondering how many competencies questions they are going to ask in interview.

Any ideas?

I'm sure I read somewhere that applicants are questioned on all 6 competencies covered on the job spec. I'd prepare examples for all of them just in case anyway.

In the last civil service interview I had (last December) I was questioned on all 4 competencies on the job spec.
Reply 1728
Original post by Jezza_S
I'm sure I read somewhere that applicants are questioned on all 6 competencies covered on the job spec. I'd prepare examples for all of them just in case anyway.

In the last civil service interview I had (last December) I was questioned on all 4 competencies on the job spec.

Makes well judged decisions and equality and diversity are assessed in the scenario based assessment.

Speak effectively is an overall assessment.

This leaves you analysis and use of evidence, develop self and others and the remaining one that escapes my memory to talk about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1729
As an aside there were a fair few no shows on the days I went which beggars belief in this jobs market. One chap showed up 5 mins late and had to wait 3 hours for another slot. Moral of the story is be prompt!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1730
Anything? Anyone?!
Reply 1731
Original post by Zvyezda
Anything? Anyone?!

No, nothing. This really is beyond a joke now.
Reply 1732
Just got an email about the BFO position. First I have heard since the test.

I am on a reserve list, they are currently interviewing the highest scorers on the test.

My application will be considered at a later stage and they aim to update me within a month.
Reply 1733
Yep, just got that too ...

So there is light at the end of the tunnel (sort of)
Reply 1734
I just received the same e-mail....!!! I'm still curious as to how exactly this process works!! And more waiting?!- Ahhhh!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 1735
i've also received the same email
Reply 1736
Original post by Harin88
Yep, just got that too ...

So there is light at the end of the tunnel (sort of)

It's better than a rejection I suppose....that is unless we receive a rejection in another 4 weeks time (or probably 4 months knowing their timekeeping!)
Reply 1737
Yeah, just received the exact same email for both my applications.

The wait continues.

I hate the fact that potentially after a two month wait I could still be rejected without interview.

Personally, I think there is no 'reserve list' and capita have just been overwhelmed with applications so just bought themselves some extra time.

On the upside, at least we've come this far without a rejection.
Reply 1738
I got the same email too.

I agree, I really don't think the reserve list even exists. I think perhaps yes they had more applicants than expected, but also Capita were not capable of handling a recruitment campaign of this magnitude and this is their way of getting out of admitting to that.

I wouldn't hold your breaths on getting any follow up from them in 4 weeks.
Reply 1739
I just got the same email I suppose it is better than a rejection or its a polite rejection who knows, not gonna hold my breath waiting for the outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending