Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Motivation?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Summer break is coming up for me (4 days now!) and I'll have 6 weeks doing whatever I please. I want to raise my fitness levels and hopefully lose a bit of weight in the coming months. The problem is, staying at home, eating Ben and Jerry's, watching TV and surfing the internet all seem to appeal to me more than exercising! How do you all get the motivation to get off your bum and do a little work!?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How much do you want to lose the weight? Not enough right now...

Start by getting a little bit done rather than nothing! Don't set yourself a ridiculous schedule that isn't realistic for you to stick to. Just slowly build up whatever type of training you choose to do.

Maybe get a friend to join you who has similar goals??
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Motivation is hard at best for me, I'm currently training ridiculously hard to beat a guy at my running club who talks down to me like I'm a total waste of flesh. My goal is to beat him next time I see him at a race

For you though just remember how good you'll look and feel after you do your summer of exercise and fitness, that should be enough for a cracking 6 weeks
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do something you actually enjoy, then the motivation comes easy. Do it often enough so that it becomes habit. If you don't want to do it naturally then nothing will motivate you, true motivation is inherent and innate.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've actually thought long and hard about this. Good body, low body fat, speed/power etc.... but it all boils down to being stronger next time; being faster next time. That's my motivation. Faster, stronger. Just beat the guy in the mirror from last week.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best way to be motivated is to enjoy what your doing. What kind of activities do you most enjoy? If you can find some active hobby that you actually don't mind doing then your half way there!!

Anotehr thing that helps me is to keep a record log of the amount of time i've spent exercising, practising etc. So that if i have a 'bad week' where I don't do much I feel guilty having to write it down, and that encourages me to make up for it and try harder

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.