The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by A-Dog

Or you could start a band.

I think the OP should start a band to vent their anger through bashing drums.
Original post by Jack93o
yes please do take my hard earnt money

Lol jog on! I pay tax too you know, and I'm sure you'll change your mind if you ever find yourself without a job or home, but I suppose then it'll be different then right?
Reply 22
Original post by Copycats&Acrobats
Actually working class or oh no, I know my parents are lawyers but I'm working class honest? And just because you come from a working class family it doesn't automatically make you understand the situations that can happen to people! There is a huge difference between working class oh I don't have designer gear/a big tv and working class which do I need more gas or electricity?

Actually, I refer to the latter. We use a top up token for both our gas and electricity. :smile: Sometimes we have to get by without either, but we manage. :biggrin:
Original post by Wileyyy
Actually, I refer to the latter. We use a top up token for both our gas and electricity. :smile: Sometimes we have to get by without either, but we manage. :biggrin:

... Fair play :smile: my bad.
But it is harder to get a job at the moment... I'm stuck doin what literally amounts to china style slave labour for a full tine summer job to help out my mum pay her rent... Get like £2.50p an hour, and the conditions suck. Some jobs like that just aren't worth it or even give you a regular paycheck, and there's hundreds of people applying for the same jobs...
... And my stupid predictive txt keeps making look retarded lol.
Reply 25
Original post by adam321
Because i have ptsd so i smash things up and get really angry ect.

:console:

If you're not trolling me (us), then I do feel genuinely sorry for you :console: Your mother should do what she should do; be a mother and try to help her son; not get rid of him!

Original post by EffieFlowers
So ignorant it hurts. Go visit the real world son, step out of mummy's and daddy's cosy, middle class safe home. And yes I did just judge you, and yes I am completely right, so don't even bother with any of your bull****.

I love this reply :love: It reflects my views on some of these jokers.

Original post by Annie72
Can I just say this...what sort of parent kicks their child out at 16?.My eldest is nearly that age and I just couldnt do it.It's my job to care for my child , not get rid of them because they are a pain in the ass or have a disorder!!.

Just my t'penneth.

Me too! :confused:

I feel so sorry for the OP that if I'm the next door neighbor, I'd let him stay with me for awhile until he could get some help.

*but don't bring in trouble to my house you hear me lol :wink:
Reply 26
Ok edit: Sorry I should've read the thread more thoroughly. I would still plea your case to say. Tell your Mom you will get counselling and improve.

However, if you must leave then I guess you will have to go to the council and be advised from there. I'd imagine you would be transferred to a hostel but I could be wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ham22
Yes because £3.64 an hour (or whatever it is for 16 year olds) is going to be enough to support yourself isn't it. Unless the op is lucky/ a master blagger/ can forge qualifications, they are going to be working min wage, which is a joke.

I completely agree with this. "get a job" isnt going to be a solution, working 7hours a day at less that £4 is not anything you could hope to live on. £25 a day for a full days work and then lets not even mention tax. Its daylight robbery.

Please go talk to your local Cizitens advice desk, I know a girl in my year at school was kicked out at 16 and she was given a flat. There'll be something for you and a solution somewhere, first of all you need to talk to someone though so make an appointment or just drop in.
Reply 28
Original post by adam321

So what was your reaction when your mom kicked you out?
Talk to your school and/or contact social services. Someone I know was kicked out/removed from home due to her dad being abusive. She got housed in young people's accommodation which wasn't perfect but worked okay until she was given a proper council flat.

Do you have any family or family friends you could stay with for now? If your mum is abusive/neglectful then go to your local police station to get some help.

Oh and not sure about the benefits, but I do know that Salvation Army and other churches can get you food bundles.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Lol jog on! I pay tax too you know, and I'm sure you'll change your mind if you ever find yourself without a job or home, but I suppose then it'll be different then right?

No I'm very noble, like the japanese, I'd rather die than take benefits

not srs
Ignore the ignorant ***** telling you to get a job.. they have no experience of the real world where we are in a recession they are unaffected because mummy and daddy looks after them. yeah you can you can get income support I advise you to speak with connexionz get an appointment they are really good and will help you out. I left home at 17.
Reply 32
Original post by Jack93o

not srs

Some people need benefits though. What about disabled people who can't go out and work?
Original post by adam321

Why are you traumatized, just out of curiosity?
Original post by Jack93o

not srs

Lololol don't think try actually hire ninjas still but good luck! :smile:
Reply 35
So ignorant it hurts. Go visit the real world son, step out of mummy's and daddy's cosy, middle class safe home. And yes I did just judge you, and yes I am completely right, so don't even bother with any of your bull****.
easy there :rolleyes: the people you say that to could easily go on to become bigger, 'better' people than you. so don't judge, yeah?
Original post by Wileyyy

yes and if one or both of your parents/whoever you live with/you (basically whoever pays the bills) god forbid lost their job maybe you would understand how hard getting a job is, let alone if you are 16 years old. baring in mind your family will be earning more than a 16 year old on minimum wage... which is no where near enough to support yourself without some kind of outside help... ESPECIALLY if OP is hoping to carry on with education.
(edited 11 years ago)
... Fair play :smile: my bad.
But it is harder to get a job at the moment... I'm stuck doin what literally amounts to china style slave labour for a full tine summer job to help out my mum pay her rent... Get like £2.50p an hour, and the conditions suck. Some jobs like that just aren't worth it or even give you a regular paycheck, and there's hundreds of people applying for the same jobs...

how old are you? that's under minimum wage, they will have to pay you back... if you're worried about losing your job then bring it up when you leave, they have to pay you.
Ignoring the ignorant replies:

As someone under 18, you're not liable for council tax. You should get income support. You may need to prove that you're estranged from your parents. You can receive this up until you're 20 (0r 21, I think) as long as you're not at university.

Income support entitles you to full housing benefit for your area, plus things like prescriptions, eye tests, glasses vouchers, etc.
Reply 39

I believe you can under certain circumstances OP? Go visit citizens advice bureau.

No, I'm actually comfortable in Mummy and Daddy's middle class, safe home. I have a widescreen TV, a radiator next to my bed, and a car. Such comforts have been bestowed upon me by my parents' hard work. It's not their job to pay for someone else's kid.

Latest

Trending

Trending