Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you pay £1600 for a ticket to the Opening Ceremony ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I 've just been on the official ticket website and there's still tickets available for the opening ceremony. There's two choices left £1600 each or the rather strangely priced £2012 each.

bear in mind what you're paying to see is a field with some animals that's meant to represent the British countryside and a concert, is it really worth £1600 to see that?
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was rich.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I had £1600 to spare without having anything else I particularly wanted to do with the money.. then yeah, why not? As it stands, I don't. So no.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hell no.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If I was wealthy I might consider it, and then give it to someone that actually wanted to go.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was a real person with a job and such I might consider it, just to say to my grandchildren I'd been to the historic Olympics
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    If I was rich.
    even if i was rich I wouldn't. It seems rich people are of the same opinion. How can the self styled greatest show of the year still not be sold out with just 2 weeks to go?!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aren't they making fake clouds, using sheep and focusing it on the British countryside?

Why on earth would I pay for that?

I'd rather just go sit at a festival or in a country park.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even pay £1.

Sent from my HTC One X
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely NO WAY! Even if I were rich I would feel so guilty for spending that much on a ticket...no, definitely no.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Could buy around eight music festival tickets for that.

So no.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of price, I would love to be there. If I was a very rich man, I would be there without a shadow of a doubt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't possibly justify spending that amount on a ticket, even if I was wealthy.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Being honest? I probably wouldn't pay anything to go. In fact, even if someone was to offer me a free ticket I'd say 'no thanks'. I believe in being proud of my country and wanting team GB to do well but there's a limit to how much I can care about the olympics because I just don't enjoy sport. I don't like playing it and it's very rare that I'll take any pleasure in watching it unless perhaps it's boxing or something that looks particularly amazing like gymnastics, ice skating and sometimes diving. Even with those sports I think I'd rather watch them in the comfort of my own home.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    To see some sheep in a field?

I can see that out of my bedroom window.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extom)
    I 've just been on the official ticket website and there's still tickets available for the opening ceremony. There's two choices left £1600 each or the rather strangely priced £2012 each.

bear in mind what you're paying to see is a field with some animals that's meant to represent the British countryside and a concert, is it really worth £1600 to see that?
    No, I'd rather spend the money on buying sports memorabilia (signed baseballs, basketballs, photos etc).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. But the atmosphere will be amazing and it would be a geeat thing to say you were actually there, in the future.

Maybe if it wasn't soo over budget, they wouldn't have to charge such rediculous prices. How much were tickets for the Beijing games (considering inflation changes the price/value)?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    No even if I had the money to be honest I'm dreading it if it's anything like what they did in the Beijing closing ceremony.......:rolleyes:.....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.