Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you pay £1600 for a ticket to the Opening Ceremony ?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even consider it.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    If I was a real person with a job and such I might consider it, just to say to my grandchildren I'd been to the historic Olympics
    Who knows in their time might have been another London Olympics.....just a thought
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Despite this being well within my financial means, the answer is still a resounding '**** no'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely!
    I'm in the OOC & OCC and they're shaping up to be absolutely amazing, gutted I don't get to watch it but if I wasn't in it, I would

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    no, you'd get a better view watching it from TV anyway
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how much you value the event not how much we value it.

Use your ambition and financial situation to come at a decision because other people will be in different situations to you.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be present for an international event that has been anticipated since I was 14, but for £1,600 you can **** off.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would rather go on holiday and enjoy a place far away from all that commotion as I live in London
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extom)
    I 've just been on the official ticket website and there's still tickets available for the opening ceremony. There's two choices left £1600 each or the rather strangely priced £2012 each.

bear in mind what you're paying to see is a field with some animals that's meant to represent the British countryside and a concert, is it really worth £1600 to see that?
    no, never. Even if the ticket was free i wouldn't go - sounds boring, and not my kinda thing! Only thing i'd pay to go see is women's beach volleyball!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would even pay £50 or £20 or whatever for a ticket to it. I'm not really that interested in it all.
    Though I do understand why some people would pay those amounts for a ticket, as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity...

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely would need to be paid to go. No interest whatsoever.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't. Though I'd love to be a part of it. Only if I had a lot of disposable income:daydreaming:...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I paid over £2000 for a hospitality ticket.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not unless I had the money.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I kno it's all about the experience, and you probably won't see another Olympics live until you're 80! But you can watch it all on TV to be honest, and you could buy a car for £1600, go on a very nice holiday, or put down a deposit for a flat!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have a free ticket to the opening ceremony technical rehearsal, how much would that sell for?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I would not.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I were really interested in going there and have enough money, I'd might get it. But I don't want to go, and I don't have the money /:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nahhh, not even if I had the money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, if I had that money. I would like to spend it on some music and probably buy a decent new PC (that can play PC games, at least the Steam sale would actually mean something to me ).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 22, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.