Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Working at Boots?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am considering applying for a job at boots,(on the make-up counter)
    Just wondered if anyone has worked there and could tell me what its like?
    I have no sales experience, would that matter much?
    Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hey there trust me sales experience doesn't matter as long has you got customer service experience you should be fine! just be yourself show a positive attitude, smile, and show that your committed to the company. I have worked in boots before and just had a friendly approach during the interview which got me a job has a xmas temp! Good luck! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been working at boots for the past 2 years now, not on a make up counter but as a sales assistant, and I like it! Sometimes if you're put on the tills during a quiet time it can be really boring but you'll get that in any job. You get to know your regular customers really well which is an aspect I really like, and regarding the interview I went in straight after my gcse's having never had a job before so I had no previous experience and got the job, so unless that's changed recently I don't think it's a requirement! Just be yourself in the interview, and smile a lot! Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it easy to get a transfer to another store in boots? Do you have to go through a new application online then interview thing even though you work there or can I just call up a manager at a different store to say I would like a transfer?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, I'm due to start work at boots on Saturday but I am concerned as I have just got my cartilage pierced on my ear :/ will they make me take it out? What's the rules on jewellery? thanks xx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 21, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.