The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Considering studying computer science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShaunW500
Is London Metropolitan University any good, I been hearing so many bad things about it. I might be studying Computer Animation there, but I do not know now. Anybody been there past year or so?

Hello there,
My experience at London met (life science course) was overall good. I met some very talented students and academically renowned teaching staff (some educated at Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial), and after graduating last year with a high first I was accepted for a Master’s degree at Imperial.

Some 10-15 students on my course (and these are only the ones I know and am still in touch with) have been accepted to top Universities such as UCL, Imperial and Manchester for Master’s and PhD studies, and all have been very successful (but they all came out from London met with a high 2:1 or a first).

Would I recommend it? Yes and no.
Yes because as someone as already said on here, it’s what you make of it and if you work hard you’ll have no problems in getting into top universities for postgrad study or getting good jobs afterwards (and I can honestly say this from personal experience).

However, if you are a lazy student and only going to this uni because of its low entry requirements, you are after an easy ride and aiming for anything less than a good 2:1, then don’t waste your time and if you can you are better off somewhere else where they have a better academic reputation.

A word of advice, only read those posts left on here from people who have actually dealt with the university and are genuinely interested to help you making the right choice , the rest are all based on ignorance, prejudices and stupidity, and you should simply ignore them.

Best of luck!
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Hey Guys my name is Anisha I am planning to study BA Journalism at London Met! Is it a good Uni for this course??
To be honest its not a great university but a degree is a degree at the end of the day. What matters most is what grade you achieve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending