Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR hafiz Society

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    So for all the muslims out their who have been blessed in memorising the whole of the Quran (even if you knew it before and have neglected) feel free to share your experience and il try answer questions on hifz, i did hifz and have forgotten most of it, recently started again and know 5ish juz and hope to do taraweeh prayers next year maybe the last 10 (i go sixthform so ill need to manage time) SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a hafidh yet but Insha'Allah one day I will be.

Make dua for me!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I assumed this would be about the poet....girls seem to love him.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Poet? No idea who you're on about. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I guess good.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salam brother,

Alhamdulillah i have been a Hafiz for 5 years now, and to be honest, it's been much difficult to retain the Quran in memory than it has to learn it by heart in the first place. I have lead the taraweeh prayers for 3 of the 5 years and i must say it has been a special experience for me reading infront of many people in the month of ramadham. I have had my ups and downs and it has been the case particularly in the last few years as studies/work has affected my routine of reading my daily manzil. However, at this point of time the last 15 juz i've learnt are particularly well retained in memory and the first 15 juz are a bit rusty loosely speaking. I am working on these - Inshallah i will get those up to scratch for next year. Finally, id like to say may Allah give us all the strength and hikmah to retain the Quran in memory and respect and adhere to it for our entire life. Ameen.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Asc . I am really hoping to finish this ramadhan, I have three surahs left, nisa imran and baqarah. Then start the quran over and over. Advice I would give to anyone considering starting is to build a set pattern and that things defo get easier inshallah. My method is to listen to a recitation once. Then each ayat, I split into smaller subsections and once I know the ayat then to the next. Once I know half a page, I recite with the kitab closed avfew times and carry on in this manner, learning half page by half page till I learnt my set number of pages. I do have a teached who I see every weekend who test me. I would also advose going over past surahs. Inshallah we will all suceed and gain jannatul firdous
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Perfectionist)
    Salam brother,

Alhamdulillah i have been a Hafiz for 5 years now, and to be honest, it's been much difficult to retain the Quran in memory than it has to learn it by heart in the first place. I have lead the taraweeh prayers for 3 of the 5 years and i must say it has been a special experience for me reading infront of many people in the month of ramadham. I have had my ups and downs and it has been the case particularly in the last few years as studies/work has affected my routine of reading my daily manzil. However, at this point of time the last 15 juz i've learnt are particularly well retained in memory and the first 15 juz are a bit rusty loosely speaking. I am working on these - Inshallah i will get those up to scratch for next year. Finally, id like to say may Allah give us all the strength and hikmah to retain the Quran in memory and respect and adhere to it for our entire life. Ameen.
    Ameen
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salam brother,

Ameen. Mashallah
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salam brother,

Mashallah thats great, what you say about hifz is true learning it new is easy but retaining it is the hard part, my 25 other juz are like new sabak which ive never learnt so im just doing 1 ruku a day+ a larger portion like 1/2 of 30-26, inshallah i calculated only one juz a month would mean next may i would have done /2 the quran but it wont be easy...

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Mashallah thats great, what you say about hifz is true learning it new is easy but retaining it is the hard part, my 25 other juz are like new sabak which ive never learnt so im just doing 1 ruku a day+ a larger portion like 1/2 of 30-26, inshallah i calculated only one juz a month would mean next may i would have done /2 the quran but it wont be easy...

Subhanallah, may Allah reward you for your efforts brother. It is a difficult task but i'm sure if you stick to the task at hand it would get easier as the months go by. I will be using a similar method to yours to learn the first 15 juz. I'm estimating it will take me around 8 months Inshallah. Id just like to say it's important to make sure the juz you already know are well retained in memory so a daily recap of half juz a day would coincide well with the regular learning of the juz your working on. May Allah reward our efforts.

Jazakalah khair.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subhanallah, may Allah reward you for your efforts brother. It is a difficult task but i'm sure if you stick to the task at hand it would get easier as the months go by. I will be using a similar method to yours to learn the first 15 juz. I'm estimating it will take me around 8 months Inshallah. Id just like to say it's important to make sure the juz you already know are well retained in memory so a daily recap of half juz a day would coincide well with the regular learning of the juz your working on. May Allah reward our efforts.

Jazakalah khair.
    Yes bro inshallah taraweeh next year?

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which one?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Yes bro inshallah taraweeh next year?

Yes, Inshallah. Hopefully ill be ready by then.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaal_Chawal)
    Which one?
    err, Hafez, lol. Do you know of more than one famous poet with that name?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    err, Hafez, lol. Do you know of more than one famous poet with that name?
    Earlier I googled 'Hafiz' and got http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helal_Hafiz and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafiz_Shirazi
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's the second one. Hafez is one of Persian/Iranian popular poets. The reason why I first came here -_-".
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angela.)
    It's the second one. Hafez is one of Persian/Iranian popular poets. The reason why I first came here -_-".
    Yeh I figured it might have been him.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No honestly, there's only one Hafez, no matter how you spell the name.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why shouldn't this be part of the Islam soc thread?
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    No honestly, there's only one Hafez, no matter how you spell the name.
    +1.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 17, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.