Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Homosexuality immoral?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality immoral?
    Yes
    13.65%
    No
    84.12%
    Don't Know
    2.23%

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Says who?
    Me.
    Everybody sit the **** down. God is among us...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Yes, including Ted Bundy, Myra Hindley and Gary Glitter.
    Erm... they exist because their parents shagged each other. Don't need more of a reason than that.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's amoral. As is any sexual orientation.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not another one of these threads again...

The only thing this thread does is identify the homophobes and allow us to feel disdain for them. I can usually tell who is a homophobe without even reading the posts and just looking for the highest neg rating.

We should really just sticky one of these homosexuality threads instead of making a new one every couple of days. Perhaps mods can do something about that.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No, but it should be discouraged.
    Well that's a bit of a contradiction. If it's not immoral, then why not? And you can't 'encourage' homosexuality - that would suggest people 'turn' gay. -.- You can accept its existence and encourage its acceptance, which should definitely happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Because it's unnatural, and leads to unwholesome relationships.
    So you are talking from direct experience? Otherwise, that comment has no real value.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    Relationships that have absolutely no effect on your life whatsoever.
    I can't go out on the street any more without having brazen homosexuality thrust in my face, through gay couples holding hands, kissing, wearing Pride t-shirts. They're trying to corrupt the sacred institution of marriage; they're trying to limit freedom of speech just so that no-one can offend them or damage their agenda; they demand the right to adopt children, despite the fact that Mother Nature has precluded them from raising children.

So such relationships do have an effect on my life, because they pollute the society I exist in.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iGriff)
    So you are talking from direct experience? Otherwise, that comment has no real value.
    21% of straight relationships survive four years; amongst homosexuals, that figure is only 14%.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Well that's a bit of a contradiction. If it's not immoral, then why not? And you can't 'encourage' homosexuality - that would suggest people 'turn' gay. -.- You can accept its existence and encourage its acceptance, which should definitely happen.

When I say that it should be 'discouraged', I simply mean that gay people should be discouraged from flaunting their sexuality publicly, and demanding privileges that are reserved for heterosexual couples.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I can't go out on the street any more without having brazen homosexuality thrust in my face, through gay couples holding hands, kissing, wearing Pride t-shirts. They're trying to corrupt the sacred institution of marriage; they're trying to limit freedom of speech just so that no-one can offend them or damage their agenda; they demand the right to adopt children, despite the fact that Mother Nature has precluded them from raising children.

So such relationships do have an effect on my life, because they pollute the society I exist in.
    Then don't go out into the street. If you're afraid of two people kissing, you have some serious insecurities.

(Original post by tufc)
    21% of straight relationships survive four years; amongst homosexuals, that figure is only 14%.
    Unless someone goes around and interviews EVERY single person in a relationship, you made this up.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    When I say that it should be 'discouraged', I simply mean that gay people should be discouraged from flaunting their sexuality publicly, and demanding privileges that are reserved for heterosexual couples.
    So you plan on discriminating against people for things outside their control that happened due to a mix of genetic and (perhaps) slight environmental circumstances, just because it leads to 'unwholesome' relationships?

Please define unwholesome for me in this context, because I presume you're talking about child-making?

• 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KasanDude)
    Then don't go out into the street. If you're afraid of two people kissing, you have some serious insecurities.
    It used to be run in the interests of the majority. Watching gay people kiss makes me feel slightly ill.

Unless someone goes around and interviews EVERY single person in a relationship, you made this up.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4660-2,00.html

I got the stat wrong, though: over a 12-year period, 21% of the studied gay relationships broke up, whilst amongst the heterosexual couples studied, that figure was only 14%.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    So you plan on discriminating against people for things outside their control that happened due to a mix of genetic and (perhaps) slight environmental circumstances, just because it leads to 'unwholesome' relationships?
    No, I don't support any state-endorsed discrimination. I want gay people to have the same civil rights as everyone else, but I don't think that their sexuality should be plastered all over the mainstream media. I want them to have the right to go and kiss in public, but I want them to feel pressured not to.

Please define unwholesome for me in this context, because I presume you're talking about child-making?

Yes; also less secure.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    gay and proud and if it IS immoral, then I'm happier knowing that I'm a sinner than something I'm NOT
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well first you have to ask what morality or immorality is. I believe that what is immoral is what goes against the will of God and what God holds to be sinful. People nowadays see homosexuality as something which is up to the individual; but humans were created by and are sustained by God and should, therefore, follow his will and his desire. So if you want the religious perspective - at least the christian perspective - homosexuality is immoral - as is lying, stealing, hatred, fornication, pride e.t.c.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandaz)
    gay and proud and if it IS immoral, then I'm happier knowing that I'm a sinner than something I'm NOT
    Many gay people choose to live celibate lives.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So do nuns :P your point being?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    No, I don't support any state-endorsed discrimination. I want gay people to have the same civil rights as everyone else, but I don't think that their sexuality should be plastered all over the mainstream media. I want them to have the right to go and kiss in public, but I want them to feel pressured not to.

Yes; also less secure.
    You said, "...demanding privileges that are reserved for heterosexual couples". These being things like marriage, and things to do with inheritance? Why does this concern you, might I ask? Why should it be not be, as you so call it, "plastered" over mainstream media? In fact, I think I agree somewhat, in that there is quite a lot of emphasis on some characters that they are gay, rather than they are a character who so happens to be gay, but I think plastering is the wrong word if you're talking about anything other than soaps (which are supposed to be exaggerated).

And how are homosexual couples less secure? Is this to do with the stereotype of gay people 'getting about a bit', or is that based on your incredibly shaky statistics which you supplied earlier (if you've updated yourself on this, I apologise).

Also - if a heterosexual couple cannot, or choose not to be involved with reproduction, then does this make their relationship unwholesome?

• 98 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I would laugh so hard if your wife left you to be in a same sex relationship and all the kids you have turn out to be gay. Then what would you do? :rolleyes:

Have you not got anything better to do then to wonder around these threads and go on about how much you hate gays? You are not even a funny troll :facepalm2:

Just leave. Please.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Watching gay people kiss makes me feel slightly ill.
    Yeah and if I said that about interracial couples the place would go bonkers.
Updated: August 21, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.