Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rejected in the nicest way ever

Announcements Posted on

I have been rejected in the nicest way ever...

' I have to say, I'm flattered (and a little suprised), but I have to be honest with you: I've always seen you as a friend. A very good friend (almost like a sister), but not really as a girlfriend. Still, I don't want things to be awkward: I like being friends with you '

I have prepared for this but I do not know why I can still feel hurt. Although I told him in my email that I would try to put my feelings away so we can stiill be friends...but I cannot say I have stopped liking him... It's just sad no matter how much I told myself

What shall I do? Avoid him for a while to let my feelings heal? Shall I? or Shall I try being friends with him? He is so nice to me so I dont feel right avoiding him...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just pretend it never happened, soon enough some other guy will grab your attention
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself a little space but not so much that it impacts your friendship. Just make sure you are comfortable with the situation and look out for someone else.

Sorry
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    awww well done OP for having the courage to tell him!! Just take some space but still be friends with him
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    awww well done OP for having the courage to tell him!! Just take some space but still be friends with him
    This - Just be happy you can still have him in your life and happy that he appreciates your friendship a lot. Not everyone gets that from these situations, you're quite lucky really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After building up the courage for the best part of 4 months, I asked a girl out a couple of years ago. She rejected me in the nicest way possible. She even tried to apologise. Honestly, it destroyed me, and I'm only just now starting to get over it. You'll feel bad, but you'll move on eventually.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.