Conspiracy theories

Rep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    Most of it is the result of the American Christian Right, which has spread all over,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaRouche_movement
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

When you get down through all the crap you eventually come to the revleaing that its all a big satanist plot, anti-christ this, Jews killed Jesus that etc etc
    I've always had a feeling that most of the conspiracy theorists are religious, because some of them always put devil, anti christ, rapture and all that stuff into them, they've even gone up to the point of including atheists as part of them

Rep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Can't stand them. Usually you find conspiracy theories come from people having a limited understanding of science or what occurred.
    Oh I'm sorry Doctor Professor -_-

Rep:
    They give people a great excuse to feel like they belong to something and that they are so much smarter than everyone else because they're not being duped by whatever it is they rally against. When a conspiracy theorist talks about the corporate government they look down on others because they believe that they are so much smarter for having thrown off the shackles of said corporate government.

Rather like a cult, theorists are drawn in by absurd theories and cannot be persuaded to see the other side. This is why such absurd theories are believed by so many people - i.e. that no Jews went to work on 9/11 which is just totally untrue, or that the US government orchestrated the attacks. Seriously, just how many people would have had to be involved with such a scheme? They can't answer so they quibble about the angle of the planes hitting the towers and so-called 'explosions' coming out of the side of the towers that were actually just the release of compressed air due to the weight of the collapsing buildings.

The bit that gets me are the lengths that they will go to in order to 'prove' their theories. Thus, if you follow the ramblings of David Icke and his theory that public figures are reptilian aliens, then you are forced to observe every single movement of their face for some odd thing they do for a split-second that somehow 'proves' they are an alien, such as this video tries to do. Blinking funny = being a reptilian alien? This doesn't take logic to the extreme, it takes it and ****s all over it and says that everyone else is wrong.

Rep:
    All Conspiracies are made up by loons. David Icke being the biggest loon on the planet.

Rep:
    (Original post by oomzee)
    conspiracy theories are one thing, facts are another. On 9/11 forget how the two towers fell, (I would recommend reading up on Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth btw), but how did tower 7 collapse? It's so stupid that they citied fire as a reason, a steel structure could not have been brought down from a fire caused by burning debris and jet fuel. Also, tower 7's collapse looked exactly like a demolition of a building. It's a shame when I bring this stuff up, I'm usually seen as a nutter.
    Of course you're seen as a nutter. It's not really hard to look for some evidence that refutes the idea that it was a controlled demolition. It is explained here.

Rep:
    TSR's Martyn*, who has negged my first post on this thread because he knows it's true, is the best example of the conspiracy theorist who has alleviated himself of having to back up his arguments. Look at his profile. His picture states he is not left-wing or right-wing, he is kno-wing. He is so intelligent now that he has figured out the Jewish Bilderbergs control the planet that he has actually transcended politics itself. In the meantime he makes spurious posts about London 2012 being some kind of Zionist conspiracy and suggesting that whilst he panders to ancient anti-Semitic canards by saying that the evil Jews control the government, Hollywood and the banks, he doesn't actually hate them.

Rep:
    This is one of the few interesting threads of TSR.

I've heard things about nuclear weapons being deployed during the olympic games. I also think that even though the moon landing was probably real some of the details are quite fishy, like the fact that the inventor of the cameras that the pictures were taken by that claimed ''My cameras arent capable of providing the same quality as those images do''.

Rep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    Of course you're seen as a nutter. It's not really hard to look for some evidence that refutes the idea that it was a controlled demolition. It is explained here.
    Hey that link is like a conspiracy theory of a conspiracy theory :/

he is kno-wing.
    Syncretic*

Rep:
    On the moon landings, here a just a few points to debunk the conspiracies;

-Astronauts left retro-reflectors on the surface, allowing us to direct lasers at the moon and reflect light at it; something we couldn't do if it were not for the retro-reflectors left there.

-The Van Allen radiation belt does not rule out a moon landing. As with radiation, as long as time spent in them were low little damage was done. Also, considering they were essentially in metal ships, it provided some protection for the radiation.

-The moon landing were a product of the space race with the, then, Soviet Union. I have yet to hear of the government calling the whole thing a hoax.

Rep:
    JFK - Yes
    9/11 - No, if it was the US government I think it would have leaked
    Moon Landings - Hoax
    Area 51 - Yes
    Global Warming - I am not convinced

Rep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    And why exactly didn't they have the technology? There have been five more manned landings and they left some trash up there which can still be seen today.

Well, in addition to the fire there was maybe ... three passenger planes crashing into it?!
    I'm gonna respond to your 911 post, I also want to point out that I believe the 911 "conspiracy theory" as you put it and I am skeptical about JFK but I haven't researched that as much. The rest I think are silly, like the moon landing being faked, I mean c'mon.

With 911, please tell me how they identified all the 19 hijackers some of which are still alive today? Or at least after the incident for a few years?

You also need to remember that these buildings were actually designed for plane crashes.

Who won on the insurance a large sum of money? Twice for 2 towers? Such a big insurance claim to make specifically one that lists terrorist attacks.

What is this about iron spheres being found on top of nearby buildings in the rubble? (Can't be iron workers on nearby buildings from which samples of the dust were taken).

Another one is why are the collapses so fast? They take the same amount of time to fall as demolitions, they look the same, why is this now completely different in terms of collapse pattern?

How did the core columns fail all along the tower?

You mentioned planes went into the buildings, yet remember that no plane went into building 7.

Why are there projectiles flying out of the building and being accelerated in different directions?

The best guy to watch I would say is the youtube channel "warcrime911". He has a lot of very logical arguments that are rational and make sense.

Then for the pentagon I would recommend this video despite the long time which you'll have to excuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5FhQc-LJ-o

I haven't discussed 911 in a long time but these are primarily the key points (I may not have mentioned them all and you'll have to forgive if I make some mistakes).

EDIT: Another thing to add: Nanothermite found by scientists in the dust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT5IOD17gN8

EDIT 2: You can also paint nanothermite so that when it is subject to fire (from the planes), you get strucural failure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxMjq...eature=related

Rep:
    (Original post by TheGrinningSkull)
    I'm gonna respond to your 911 post, I also want to point out that I believe the 911 "conspiracy theory" as you put it and I am skeptical about JFK but I haven't researched that as much. The rest I think are silly, like the moon landing being faked, I mean c'mon.

With 911, please tell me how they identified all the 19 hijackers some of which are still alive today? Or at least after the incident for a few years?

You also need to remember that these buildings were actually designed for plane crashes.

Who won on the insurance a large sum of money? Twice for 2 towers? Such a big insurance claim to make specifically one that lists terrorist attacks.

What is this about iron spheres being found on top of nearby buildings in the rubble? (Can't be iron workers on nearby buildings from which samples of the dust were taken).

Another one is why are the collapses so fast? They take the same amount of time to fall as demolitions, they look the same, why is this now completely different in terms of collapse pattern?

How did the core columns fail all along the tower?

You mentioned planes went into the buildings, yet remember that no plane went into building 7.

Why are there projectiles flying out of the building and being accelerated in different directions?

The best guy to watch I would say is the youtube channel "warcrime911". He has a lot of very logical arguments that are rational and make sense.

Then for the pentagon I would recommend this video despite the long time which you'll have to excuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5FhQc-LJ-o

I haven't discussed 911 in a long time but these are primarily the key points (I may not have mentioned them all and you'll have to forgive if I make some mistakes).

EDIT: Another thing to add: Nanothermite found by scientists in the dust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT5IOD17gN8
    An interesting point is why were the planes not shot down before they crashed, especially the second one after the first one was hit. I don't believe this conspiracy but I've always wondered about these points.

Rep:
    Alex Jones Rocks !!!

Rep:
    (Original post by King Kebab)
    An interesting point is why were the planes not shot down before they crashed, especially the second one after the first one was hit. I don't believe this conspiracy but I've always wondered about these points.
    Well, there are even more mysteries here which I'll put in quotes.

Here is a list of other very important 9/11 Mysteries:

1. The $2.3 Trillion that was reported missing by Donald Rumsfeld on Sept 10, 2001 - it is still a mystery where this money went since the files and people who were tracking it down died in the attack on the West Wing of the Pentagon and the only off-site back-up for these records was in WTC 7.

2. The Securities and Exchange Commission recommended that the 9/11 Commission investigate a company called "Stratesec" for it's relation to suspicious "Put Option" stock bets that were placed on American and United Airlines the weeks before the attacks. The SEC's recommendation was completely ignored by the 9/11 Commission, and the WTC Security Companies (Which should have been among the first people investigated) get a free pass...

3. The issue of NORAD and Flight 77 into the Pentagon is still surrounded in controversy as to whether or not Dick Cheney had placed a "Stand-Down" order to prevent planes from intercepting the attack on the Pentagon. NORAD has been caught lying and changed their story so many times it more than warrants a full scale congressional investigation with subpeona power. Cheney only agreed to testify behind closed doors and not under oath...

Rep:
    (Original post by rocket0612)
    An interesting on is that Diana, Princess of Wales, was murdered. The theory is that rogue elements in the British secret service decided that Diana's relationship with Fayed was a threat to the monarchy and, therefore, to the British state.
    No the story goes was she was pregnant and they could not have a half brother or sister of the future King (William) being Muslim or of Arab heritage so they needed to get rid of her.....

Rep:
    (Original post by dknt)
    On the moon landings, here a just a few points to debunk the conspiracies;

-Astronauts left retro-reflectors on the surface, allowing us to direct lasers at the moon and reflect light at it; something we couldn't do if it were not for the retro-reflectors left there.

-The Van Allen radiation belt does not rule out a moon landing. As with radiation, as long as time spent in them were low little damage was done. Also, considering they were essentially in metal ships, it provided some protection for the radiation.

-The moon landing were a product of the space race with the, then, Soviet Union. I have yet to hear of the government calling the whole thing a hoax.
    I think have definitely landed on the moon just not the first ever Apollo landing that was faked imo - the US acted out to reach the moon first before the Soviets beating the "Space Race".
    If you think they haven't landed a human on the moon you are seriously conspiracy-theory-crazed.

There's a place where the conspiracy theorists take it too far for as hell I don't believe there are reptilians (demons yeah) but I also think that a few people "own" this world and a lot of them are coincidentally Jewish/Zionist.
    Take the diamond trade for example I work a bit in the Hatton Gardens and every trader/jeweller I know say that the Jewish people run the game there and it's true! They really make billions from jewellery just as they do with the banks and what else not.

Rep:
    Denver International Airport conspiracy theory anyone?

Rep:
    I think the Illuminati exists in some aspects but it all seems to much! What do you think? Because its been said that this group was created a few centuries ago but we really see it amongst todays celebrities the most. All in all, I think the US are pretty messed up when it comes to hiding the truth, no offence to anybody but I'm glad I'm not a part of their nation!!

Rep:
    TSR's Martyn*, who has negged my first post on this thread because he knows it's true, is the best example of the conspiracy theorist who has alleviated himself of having to back up his arguments. Look at his profile. His picture states he is not left-wing or right-wing, he is kno-wing. He is so intelligent now that he has figured out the Jewish Bilderbergs control the planet that he has actually transcended politics itself. In the meantime he makes spurious posts about London 2012 being some kind of Zionist conspiracy and suggesting that whilst he panders to ancient anti-Semitic canards by saying that the evil Jews control the government, Hollywood and the banks, he doesn't actually hate them.
    I negged you not because I think it is true but because it is not wholly true. Not everyone who professes a belief in a conspiracy theory subscribes to the insane theories of David Icke and his followers. Everyone on this site knows that I am not anti-semitic in the slightest. The longer you keep throwing this anti-semitism label at me, the more you come off sounding like you're one of them.

Rep:
    Ancient alien theory is quite interesting.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

: August 9, 2012

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.