Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New website launched by The Student Room Group

Announcements Posted on
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    The latest post from the TSR Blog:

We’re very excited to announce that The Student Room Group – the company that owns The Student Room – has today launched a new, unique social learning website, Marked by Teachers. Marked by Teachers contains over 170,000 samples of student essays, with more added every week. On top of this we’ve set up panels of [...]

Read more on the TSR Blog...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow the design of this website alone looks a million times better than the Coursework.info one.

Nice.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR is goingggggg innnn!! When I mean in, I mean in!!!

Great news!!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very nice, but the subscriptions are expensive. (Well, from my student perspective anyway :P )
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Glad it's finally launched ..checked it out when it was in beta and got some freebies for it which i still haven't claimed yet but will in time..woop woop
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Very nice, but the subscriptions are expensive. (Well, from my student perspective anyway :P )
    Thanks for your feedback, that's really appreciated - what would be affordable in your view?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr T)
    Thanks for your feedback, that's really appreciated - what would be affordable in your view?
    It really depends. World of Warcraft costs £10 a month and Runescape £5 so the site's prices aren't actually that outlandish, but I'd say that even with £1 less per month, this would give a reduction of £12 per year which could be considerable to a student, and the lower price may end up increasing the number that join, offsetting any losses the TSR group may incur from a price reduction. I'd PERSONALLY pay £3-4, and you could move the annual plan price to £35 (as £40 is similar to what XBL costs per year, so again, going with the perspective that many students play video games... You get where I'm going )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can we still submit coursework in exchange for TSR Credits using this?
    • 75 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by House MD)
    Can we still submit coursework in exchange for TSR Credits using this?
    Yes

That page is being re-worded shortly, but it will indeed work in the same way as before :yy:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotfireLegend)
    It really depends. World of Warcraft costs £10 a month and Runescape £5 so the site's prices aren't actually that outlandish, but I'd say that even with £1 less per month, this would give a reduction of £12 per year which could be considerable to a student, and the lower price may end up increasing the number that join, offsetting any losses the TSR group may incur from a price reduction. I'd PERSONALLY pay £3-4, and you could move the annual plan price to £35 (as £40 is similar to what XBL costs per year, so again, going with the perspective that many students play video games... You get where I'm going )
    Hey HotfireLegend - living up to your name there really appreciate the time taken and detail in your response - really helpful stuff, thank you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr T)
    Hey HotfireLegend - living up to your name there really appreciate the time taken and detail in your response - really helpful stuff, thank you
    Hey, thanks, and no problem
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of subscriptions, I would suggest (if not possible already):

- Allow TSR credits to be used to buy a subscription to MbT. While the useful scope may currently be low, it would allow those who are rewarded with credits(e.g. PS/CV Helpers iirc / some competition winners and so-on) to have more ways to use them.
    - Allow a joint-site subscription to both TSR and MbT or give a discount to TSR Subs. This may encourage more users paying for one of the sites to try the other site.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    On the subject of subscriptions, I would suggest (if not possible already):

- Allow TSR credits to be used to buy a subscription to MbT. While the useful scope may currently be low, it would allow those who are rewarded with credits(e.g. PS/CV Helpers iirc / some competition winners and so-on) to have more ways to use them.
    - Allow a joint-site subscription to both TSR and MbT or give a discount to TSR Subs. This may encourage more users paying for one of the sites to try the other site.
    Thanks rmhumphries - have you bugged our office? they are all top notch suggestions and are things we have have in mind as future developments on the site. Thanks you....any other nuggets you think of let me know
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr T)
    Thanks rmhumphries - have you bugged our office? they are all top notch suggestions and are things we have have in mind as future developments on the site. Thanks you....any other nuggets you think of let me know
    Haha, maybe I am secretly one of you, suggesting ideas which you will then implement to show you listen to the community (Although then I would have given the game away)

I will let you know if I think of anything more

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 23, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.