The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Accomodation for 2012 - 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anyone going to Gordon Hall, Lancaster Complex or know what's it like?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 21
I live in East London and was planning to stay at home and travel to Brunnel and have not applied for accomodation. Do you guys think i have made the right choice? If not, is it still possible to get a room on campus?

I am planning to study Business Magaement if thats any help Lol.

Cheers guys.
Reply 22
Original post by alice7
Hey guys and girls thought i would start a thread where we could share what accomodation brunel has offered you. Also a place to meet potential neighbours who will be in the same halls of resisdence. :smile:

I just graduated this year so whoever gets placed in my first year halls from 2008 (Lacy) is going to love it. Proper nice and clean. Enjoy it buddy!
Reply 23
Original post by Sully@sjc
I live in East London and was planning to stay at home and travel to Brunnel and have not applied for accomodation. Do you guys think i have made the right choice? If not, is it still possible to get a room on campus?

I am planning to study Business Magaement if thats any help Lol.

Cheers guys.

You can apply for accommodation anytime up until the 1st september so there is still time to change your mind.

I think i would have got a lot less from uni if i was commuting to and fro across london everyday (or 2-3 times a week as it may be for business) especially if you end up having to travel during peak time. It might be a bit more expensive to stay on campus but i think it will be a lot more conductive to your studies (max 5 minute walk from any halls to the lecture centre/ library) plus a lot easier to make friends, go out in the evening, get involved with stuff happening on campus etc. That's just my view though and i know several people who have started in halls and then decided to move out for various reasons (cost/milk stealing).
Maybe try practicing getting to campus for 9 am a couple of times a week over the summer and see if you think you will be able to stand it for a year.
Reply 24
Are student grouped into flats by course or subject? Or is it random?
Original post by gsidhu

I know they definitely don't group people together by course or subject. I think there maybe some criteria they use to put people together but I don't think course is one of them.
Reply 26
Original post by bukowskisashtray
I know they definitely don't group people together by course or subject. I think there maybe some criteria they use to put people together but I don't think course is one of them.

Generally the people you stay will in halls will be a selection of students studying all different courses, so yeah it is pretty random.
Reply 27
what exactly happens at freshers? Im coming from Canada first time in the UK so I don't really know what to expect when I get there in SEPT.
Reply 28
Hey, after a few complications I have managed to secure a room for Kilmorey hall which is for flat 25.

I have heard that the Kilmorey hall is not bad as it is located in the centre.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by gsidhu
what exactly happens at freshers? Im coming from Canada first time in the UK so I don't really know what to expect when I get there in SEPT.

The student union website will probably explain it best.
http://brunelstudents.com

Also worth giving the official Freshers page a like on Facebook. This is the only official Facebook page for freshers' week information, despite what others claim every year.
http://www.facebook.com/brunelstudentsfreshers

Original post by SaifA
Hey, after a few complications I have managed to secure a room for Kilmorey hall which is for flat 25, room 1.

I have heard that the Kilmorey hall is not bad as it is located in the centre.

Kilmorey's one of the new ones, so it's pretty nice.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by gsidhu

I'm pretty sure its random but I was fortunate enough in my first year that 3 of the other 8 in my flat were on my course so we revised etc together.
Reply 31
I'm staying at the George Shipp Hall, in the Isambard Complex. Anyone else staying here? Does anyone have any good pictures of the studio flats there?
Reply 32
Original post by Emmibaz
I'm staying at the George Shipp Hall, in the Isambard Complex. Anyone else staying here? Does anyone have any good pictures of the studio flats there?

Hey, check out this page if you haven't already. It will tell you all you need to know about brunel accomodation, there are also photos of the halls and rooms as well

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/accommodation
I got Bishop Complex, St Margarets, Flat 75 :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by alice7
Hey, check out this page if you haven't already. It will tell you all you need to know about brunel accomodation, there are also photos of the halls and rooms as well

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/accommodation

Hey, I did see this but there are hardly any pictures of the studio flats :frown: No matter, guess I'll have to wait!
kilmorey flat 36 anyone?!
Bishop Complex - Lacy Hall anyone?
Chepstow Hall? :smile:
Reply 38
Anyone in or know much about southwark hall?? Looks quite new and modern from what i've seen.
Original post by shannenmtaylor
I got Bishop Complex, St Margarets, Flat 75 :smile:

There's someone who commented on the Brunel University facebook page in the same flat as you.
... unless that's you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending