The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Reviews?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to go to uni next year to study English and Lincoln is one of my options. I was really impressed by the prospectus and open day but I'm still not sure. :s-smilie: My other options are Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough and Birmingham.

What are your opinions about the University and would you recommend it?

Thanks Amy :smile:
Reply 1
I've got a place to study Psychology at Lincoln this september. It has had so much success in regards to moving up in the league tables, it's still a fairly new University in comparison to Nottingham/Birmingham etc. When I went to visit it blew me away! The university itself is so modern and well equipped, the accommodation looked really nice, and Lincoln as a city is beautiful! However the Universities you have listed are all very good, so I think you should visit them all to decide where you should be.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I went to the open days of all 5 uni's that I applied to, and Lincoln was the last one that I went to. I wasn't really looking forward to going to uni at all until I saw Lincoln, was such a relief to find one that I would have actually enjoyed being at.. and 2 years on, I'm definitely happy I came to Lincoln. It lived up to all expectations. The uni is great, the city is great and the nightlife is great.
I'm about to go into my third year and I love Lincoln; never want to leave. It may be a small city but its a brilliant mix of shopping, clubs, dining out and history. Its got a cracking night life for its size, loads of places to eat out that bigger cities don't even have.

The uni itself is brilliant, there isn't one old building on site (bar Riseholme). Its in the heart of the city centre so no need for a car really. The majority of the accomodation is spot on.
The SU bar is one of the best I've ever been in with great food and drink prices. Plus our uni venue is so good. Since I've been there I've seen Fatboy Slim, DJ Fresh, Killa Kella, DJ Yoda, Friendly Fires, Professor Green, Example, SBTRK, Rizzle Kicks, DJ Yoda, Pendulum, Sub Focus... the list goes on. Kings of Leon have played in the past!

Laaaaaaave it :smile:
Reply 4
Going into my 2nd year this year, and I'm so glad I chose Lincoln. I hadn't made up my mind and was pretty convinced I was going to choose Leeds Met, but then I came to Lincoln on the open day to have a look round, and I instantly fell in the love with the place.

It's only a small city but who needs a big city, loads of shops in town, big variety of them for all shoppers. Lots of restaurants, especially along the Brayford waterfront, which is especially nice in the sun. The nightlife is pretty amazing, most nights there is a different club night on so you will always find somewhere to go! Lots of bars along the way as well so plenty of places for a pub crawl to get under way!

The Uni is modern and is climbing the rankings at such speed every year. Constantly putting money in there to upgrade and build new facilities. The gym is pretty much state of the art and a good price if you fancy that.

Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by dominadelira
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to go to uni next year to study English and Lincoln is one of my options. I was really impressed by the prospectus and open
business reviews day but I'm still not sure. :s-smilie: My other options are Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough and Birmingham.

What are your opinions about the University and would you recommend it?

Thanks Amy
:smile:

hello I believe you must have made your mindset with university I am about to finish my schooling and join university to study Lincoln and other subject Now please guide me.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest