Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know what this could be??!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014

Ok so the past month or so, I haven't been feeling 'right'. I really don't know what's happening to me.

Sometimes I'll be at work or outside and suddenly everything seems too bright and surreal. I know how stupid that sounds but it's like I'm watching everything else and I'm not a part of it. Like I'm watching it on a TV screen that's had it's brightness level cranked right up and I feel very detached. This can last between 5 minutes and a few hours. My brain also feels fuzzy when this happens and I struggle to concentrate.

I've also started sleeping a lot more. I'm not sure if I feel tired exactly but I find myself laying down to go to sleep at 9.30pm most nights, although there are other times where I'll stay awake until midnight to balance it. I get excited and happy at the thought of going to sleep early and sometimes I think it's because of the lack of consciousness for 10/11 hours.

This is where it gets weird... on Saturday afternoon I finished work and was walking through town and every time I looked at someone, their face was disfigured. Then when I blinked and looked back at them, their faces were normal. It really really freaked me out, and I kinda rushed home and got into bed and closed my eyes.

It hasn't happened since but I'm worried now. I could cope with the detached feelings and wanting to sleep a lot of the time, but now I'm seeing things that aren't real I just don't know what to do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First of all, don't panic. There's obviously something not quite right here, but it may not be a major problem. I would say you should go and see a doctor and describe all this to them. They'll have heard stuff like this before and will almost certainly be able to help. Whatever you do, don't suffer in silence - even if this is just a one-off, you'll worry about it and it may become a much worse problem.
    Best see the doctor and get their professional opinion. They're best qualified to know what this is all about.
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is best to see your GP if you're worried/something's wrong OP, they really are the best to go to about this

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.