The Student Room Group
Reply 1
How about Exeter firm with Reading insurance? I can't make my mind up of York vs Exeter altho atm I'm leanin towards York. Have you been to see both?
Reply 2
I think if I had to choose between the two I would go for Exeter because I it does have a better reputation as a uni, but the AAA offer is still super high. I'm putting Reading as my insurance though, it looks pretty good and seems good for history too.

You could have Exeter as your firm then Reading as insurance?
Reply 3
I really recommend you go and see both. You might hate Exeter's campus or something, you never know....
Reply 4
:ditto: I know some people who have visited Exeter and hated it (or more like some of the people there) and others who have been there and absolutely loved it. So you really need to visit both and consider their courses.
Reply 5
Yes, I agree, you should definitely go and see Exeter. I think it's one of those love/hate places, as some people visit and really love it. I, on the other hand, didn't like it much at all when I visited.
Reply 6
yep i've been to see both, i prefer the reading campus and the reading course... but i really liked exeter the town and it's surroundings
Reply 7
Sounds like you prefer reading really :wink: tbh if you're going to be spending 3 years there you need to consider if you're going to regret going to exeter if you prefer Reading's course and their campus. Personally I think campus is a huge part of whether you like a place or not, I realised recently that I'd prefer not to be on a campus because I couldn't stand living in a bubble for another 3 years after the last 14 that I'd had at school but it varies.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is your dilemma more to do with the prestige of each university? I seem to remember you had another thread about the standard of History at Reading. If you prefer Reading then go there, forget about what other people's perceived opinions of each place is. Reading is meant to be really good, the head of the history dept at my school recommended it to me, I just ignored her because I didn't want to go anywhere down south!
Reply 8
belle_27
Sounds like you prefer reading really :wink: tbh if you're going to be spending 3 years there you need to consider if you're going to regret going to exeter if you prefer Reading's course and their campus. Personally I think campus is a huge part of whether you like a place or not, I realised recently that I'd prefer not to be on a campus because I couldn't stand living in a bubble for another 3 years after the last 14 that I'd had at school but it varies.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is your dilemma more to do with the prestige of each university? I seem to remember you had another thread about the standard of History at Reading. If you prefer Reading then go there, forget about what other people's perceived opinions of each place is. Reading is meant to be really good, the head of the history dept at my school recommended it to me, I just ignored her because I didn't want to go anywhere down south!

yep, you're right i am concerned about the reputation of the university, and i think, as you said i'd regret not going to Reading if i chose Exeter, I didn't have the same feeling going round exeter as going round reading!

I'm glad you're history teacher recommended Reading - it's a really nice place, I think my mind's made up. Unless anyone can really persude me to go to Exeter!!:biggrin: thanks :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending