Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

funding for mature students

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you undergraduate or doing Access / A levels?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippy123)
    can anyone recommend any grants/loans to help with childcare costs? I am applying for the learners discretionary fund but my college won't pay out til December so I'm having to pay for 3 months nursery fee's, which atm i can't afford. Looks as though i'll be dropping out if i cannot find any help x
    I am guessing you are referring to an access course, have you spoken to the college about your situation?
    Our college paid the fund out in September and then again in January, but I am guessing it varies from college to college.

Have you checked to see ypu are receiving all the benefits you can? Income Support if your child is under 4 and are a single parent. Child tax credits as well. If ypu are claiming all ready, might be worth speaking to your job centre about any funds that could help (I don't think there are any, but worth asking).

There is very little support for Access courses unfortunately.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 24, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.