Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Rugby Union Society

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Hairsprays were dire!

Front line internationals should not have been starting if they played a large role in the last 6N match - their bodies can't take it!

Injames - it was Varndell who got his confidance smashed...he'll need looking after is he is to re-kindle his international career.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    The Hairsprays were dire!
    I really hate them though. They're such cocky bastards, kicking for touch so early in the game when they were only 6-0 down. They were so sure that they would score tries (just like Wales :rolleyes: ), and end up getting nil points on the board. I know it's only a club game, but the Welsh are so intent on being the All Blacks of the north, and I never see Kiwis do stupid things like that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    I really hate them though. They're such cocky bastards, kicking for touch so early in the game when they were only 6-0 down. They were so sure that they would score tries (just like Wales :rolleyes: ), and end up getting nil points on the board. I know it's only a club game, but the Welsh are so intent on being the All Blacks of the north, and I never see Kiwis do stupid things like that.
    I also dispise them!

Their arrogance certainly cost them today though!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I'd rather be a Warrior than a Chief!"

Just practising my chants for Sixways next season. Dire performance. Part of me wants Bristol to salvage the needed points and stay up based on that car crash of a Worcester team... :cry:

We need Latham/Tuitupou/Delport back...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    "I'd rather be a Warrior than a Chief!"
    Exeter Chiefs? I quite like them... :o:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exeter Chiefs? I quite like them... :o:
    Fine.

"I'd rather be a Warrior than a Pirate!" :borat:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fine.

"I'd rather be a Warrior than a Pirate!" :borat:
    Yeah that'll do! At least if you get relegated, you'll still be in a professional league next season... Championship ftw! :awesome:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that'll do! At least if you get relegated, you'll still be in a professional league next season... Championship ftw! :awesome:
    I just hope half the squad honour their contracts. Or we could end up staying there...

On another point, Josh Lewsey needs to be on the Lion's tour. Looks to be one of the most dangerous running backs in the Prem, a great tackler and a great utility player - can cover centre, wing and full back!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just hope half the squad honour their contracts. Or we could end up staying there...

On another point, Josh Lewsey needs to be on the Lion's tour. Looks to be one of the most dangerous running backs in the Prem, a great tackler and a great utility player - can cover centre, wing and full back!

IIRC Lewsey announced his retirement from international rugby several months ago in order to focus on his club rugby.

(He's good though!)
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    IIRC Lewsey announced his retirement from international rugby several months ago in order to focus on his club rugby.

(He's good though!)
    And to target a squad place in the Lions.

Geech will definetly take him.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

(He's good though!)
    Yep, but I think it was more that he was disollusioned with the England set up. I believe it was pre-Johnson? Brian Ashton certainly wasn't a fan, athough I've heard his attitude isn't exactly the best.

Does 'international rugby' = Lions though? Neil Back travelled last time... certainly a possibility.

He'd be my 12 if he travelled. Possibly even my 11 if Shane Williams persists to make wrong decisions at crucial moments.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked at the relevant article, I'd forgotten that he was still targeting a Lions place - but he announced his international retirement in December 08
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He'd be my 12 if he travelled.
    He's not a test standard 12. There are enough good centres out there that to play a utility back there seems a bit of a waste. I'd play Shanklin at 12 with O'Driscoll at 13, but I think others like Flutey, Roberts and D'Arcy (and as much as it pains me to say it, possibly Henson) would come into consideration ahead of Lewsey.
    I think Lewsey should travel though, as a good experienced back-up to Bowe and Williams.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    He's not a test standard 12. There are enough good centres out there that to play a utility back there seems a bit of a waste. I'd play Shanklin at 12 with O'Driscoll at 13, but I think others like Flutey, Roberts and D'Arcy (and as much as it pains me to say it, possibly Henson) would come into consideration ahead of Lewsey.
    I think Lewsey should travel though, as a good experienced back-up to Bowe and Williams.
    Can see the argument, however I am one of those who thinks Lewsey should have been played at 12/13 since the beginning of his career.

He's fantastic there. Purely from a defensive perspective, I'd play him there.

Certainly one for the 22, though. Even just as a cover to all the outside backs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cippers was playing pretty well today, he may soon get a place back in the first 22. Felt a bit sorry for the Wasps though, losing to the "Average team for average fans" right at the end.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cippers was playing pretty well today, he may soon get a place back in the first 22. Felt a bit sorry for the Wasps though, losing to the "Average team for average fans" right at the end.
    He did play pretty well, bar the odd loose place kick.

Prefer the Sarries to win though, if I'm honest. It's probably because I don't like Sean Edwards!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    He did play pretty well, bar the odd loose place kick.
    His passing was wicked though, he always seemed to know who would be best to have the ball.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    His passing was wicked though, he always seemed to know who would be best to have the ball.
    Yep, and I'm not a fan. A couple of times he looked for the dummy before the pass, which is a little worrying. On the whole, his ddistribution was great, though.

It may be a lot to doo with people like Wauldock, Lewsey, Flutey running good lines off him, too.

Voyce is hilarious to watch. I love that Gloucester have bought him. Him + Iain Balshaw makes up the two worst wingers in the Prem. All they need is Lee Best to complete the worst back 3 possible!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Voyce is hilarious to watch. I love that Gloucester have bought him. Him + Iain Balshaw makes up the two worst wingers in the Prem. All they need is Lee Best to complete the worst back 3 possible!
    Nah, you need to stick Balshaw at fullback so that every high ball is dropped, then stick an Italian winger in there. The sequence will go:

- Balshaw drops high ball, ref misses the knock on
    - Balshaw passes to Voyce, ref calls flat pass. Voyce drops ball, ref says it went backwards
    - Voyce runs forward for about 5 metres, then sideways for about 20, then back a bit and passes to the Italian guy.
    - Italian guy kicks ball into touch on the full. Didn't realise that after all that, the ball had be taken back into the 22, opponents get lineout and score.

Simple!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you need to stick Balshaw at fullback so that every high ball is dropped, then stick an Italian winger in there. The sequence will go:

- Balshaw drops high ball, ref misses the knock on
    - Balshaw passes to Voyce, ref calls flat pass. Voyce drops ball, ref says it went backwards
    - Voyce runs forward for about 5 metres, then sideways for about 20, then back a bit and passes to the Italian guy.
    - Italian guy kicks ball into touch on the full. Didn't realise that after all that, the ball had be taken back into the 22, opponents get lineout and score.

Simple!
    Aw! That's mean to the Italians! :p:

Ah remember the days of Tom Voyce at full back for England? He played vs. Italy at the height (read - rock bottom) of Andy Robinson's stint as coach.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2014
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.