The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

shunter7634
I think you're all being a little bit mean to Voyce! He was pretty prolific a few years ago (albeit, with that Wasps backline, I could have scored tries on the wing).

I've had a pretty miserable sporting day. Cambridge got trashed in the Boat Race, and Ulster got mauled in Dublin. Great.

What was the final score? I saw the start of that match and the D4's were not playing good rugby - their lack of most frontline internationals was very obvious!
The Referee
What was the final score? I saw the start of that match and the D4's were not playing good rugby - their lack of most frontline internationals was very obvious!

36-6 or something like that.
QwentyJ
36-6 or something like that.

O. U. C. H!!!
The Referee

32-6. Which I don't think was a particularly fair reflection. I thought Ulster looked more threatening in the first 40 minutes, but they faded very badly. Referee didn't help, and I'm never watching rugby on Setanta again. The guy doing the secondary commentary REALLY annoyed me to the point of, if I wasn't watching it with my dad, it would have gone on mute very early on.
Only 4 points out then! It was 9-6 at half time I think.
shunter7634
32-6. Which I don't think was a particularly fair reflection. I thought Ulster looked more threatening in the first 40 minutes, but they faded very badly. Referee didn't help, and I'm never watching rugby on Setanta again. The guy doing the secondary commentary REALLY annoyed me to the point of, if I wasn't watching it with my dad, it would have gone on mute very early on.

The scoreline surprises me - Ulster were playing better rugby when I was watching.

Thomond park should be interesting next week!
Leinster are doing pretty well for themselves though. Into the Heineken Cup quarter finals, and second in the Magners League. Edinburgh are also only 2 points behind the Hairsprays. But of course Henson and crew don't care about the ML do they, they are far too good for the lowly Celts and want to be in the Super 14. :rolleyes:
lnjames
Leinster are doing pretty well for themselves though. Into the Heineken Cup quarter finals, and second in the Magners League. Edinburgh are also only 2 points behind the Hairsprays. But of course Henson and crew don't care about the ML do they, they are far too good for the lowly Celts and want to be in the Super 14. :rolleyes:

Leinster need to win a Hcup 1/4 final on the road...I'm not sure they'll do it!

Hairsprays...they have to come to Thomond park *insert evil laugh here* lets hope the rest of their season is derailed!
This post does not exist. :ninja:
Reply 2049
I'd delete that post if I was you. If the mods see it they'll warn you.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7958649.stm

England try stands out for me in there.

Forgot how full of fail Henson's attempt to tackle Tommy Bowe really was.
Speaking of Henson...he's injured again!

No idea how bad yet - he got hurt in the EDF match at the weekend (he was running and just pulled up)
With regards to the world rankings...

:laugh:
lnjames
With regards to the world rankings...

:laugh:

HIGHER THAN WALES!!! :awesome:

...who in turn are higher than England. And they think they're the best in the NH?

Pftt....
Rankings are overrated.
QwentyJ
Rankings are overrated.

Shhhhhh! :ninja:

England are higher than Wales too! :yep:
pinkpenguin
...who in turn are higher than England. And they think they're the best in the NH?

Pftt....

How dare you! Wales were higher than us for about a week. :mad: However, Warren Gatland will somehow equate this to being best in the world.

"Right, England were once ranked first, right? Which means that if we're higher than them, we must be better than the best. World Cup glory, here we come! By the way, we hate the English, in case you were wondering."
lnjames
How dare you! Wales were higher than us for about a week. :mad: However, Warren Gatland will somehow equate this to being best in the world.

"Right, England were once ranked first, right? Which means that if we're higher than them, we must be better than the best. World Cup glory, here we come! By the way, we hate the English, in case you were wondering."

"But the Welsh players hate the Irish the most. ...this really isn't me being bitter about doing a crap job as Irish coach, honest! I don't mean for it to be taken badly either, it is supposed to be a compliment! :redface: ..."
On a properly Rugby-related note, mauls are coming back. ELV for pulling it down has been thrown out.

Thank god.

Worcester, and to a lesser extent, Munster can actually be competitive again!
pinkpenguin
On a properly Rugby-related note, mauls are coming back. ELV for pulling it down has been thrown out.

Thank god.

Worcester, and to a lesser extent, Munster can actually be competitive again!

And the lineout muck up is being reversed - same numbers coming back :biggrin:

Will you be watching Munster vs Leinster on Saturday? It ought to be a tasty match :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest