The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
omlette
ps- fire in the sky, why doesn't the youtube vid play the full 3.20 mins that it says it does. It gets to 30 sec and ends. Shame... looked like it had potential to be mildly humorous. :rolleyes: Still, I get the point from what I saw. :p:

It plays the full amount for me....

It plays the 2003 rwc final highlights afterwards :biggrin:
Reply 361
The Aussies didn't field a full strength team. The match was shown on BBC2 Wales and BBC2W (the digital version available on Sky to those of you outside of Wales.. channel 900 and something - they also have live Magners league matches on there every Friday night, as do S4C on a Saturday afternoon which is also available on Sky to those of you outside of Wales).

Then again, Opsreys didn't field a full strength team due to them being in the Welsh squad for the match with Oz Sat!

Missing players were;

Adam Jones
Duncan Jones
Brent Cockabin
Ian Evans
Steve Tandy
Alun-Wyn Jones
Jonathan Thomas
Ryan Jones
James Hook
Gavin Henson
Shane Williams
Lee Byrne

That is a large chunk of the team...

Starting XV was for Ospreys was;

15) Terblanche
14) Mustoe
13) Parker
12) Selley
11) Vaughton

10) Connor
9) Spice

1) James (capt)
2) B. Williams
3) Millward
4) Powell
5) Bateman
6) Beech
7) Pugh
8) Tiatia

Can't wait for the Wales match on Saturday :smile:

Regards,
Chris
Reply 362
thats only the missing welsh players...they didn't have marshall either who has been consistently their best player this season after hook I reckon.
Reply 363
a fire in the sky
thats only the missing welsh players...they didn't have marshall either who has been consistently their best player this season after hook I reckon.

Would that be Mr "run, run from Leeds" Marshall ?

Not that I'm at all bitter! :rolleyes:
Reply 364
Ethereal

Not that I'm at all bitter! :rolleyes:

yes, that'd be him.

As disgusting as what he did was, its understandable - he's easily still a top quality player, and has no real history with the club, so cant be expected to be that loyal.

Who'd want to play out the end of their illustrious career in the first division anyway?
Reply 365
a fire in the sky

I don't think so. Spice in my opinion is playing better at the moment than Marshall. What I'm annoyed at though is that the Ospreys have let two EXCELLENT scrum halves leave the region and Wales due to the recruitment of Marshall. Andy Williams (now at Bath) and Richie Rees (now at London Irish).

As for the most consistent player for the Ospreys;
Steve Tandy - always puts in 100% and narrowly missed out on a Wales call up!
Nikki Walker - very strong player
Shane Williams - pure excellence

Ethereal

Not that I'm at all bitter!

The very one!

Regards,
Chris
Reply 366
a fire in the sky
yes, that'd be him.

As disgusting as what he did was, its understandable - he's easily still a top quality player, and has no real history with the club, so cant be expected to be that loyal.

Who'd want to play out the end of their illustrious career in the first division anyway?

Hardly the action of a gentleman though was it?
Reply 367
Spice is good, but Marshall has been imperious from what I've seen (not seen any games since beginning of october though, which could influence that opinion).

Agree with Steve Tandy, Walker not so sure on, and Williams - definitely, but was a bit inconsistent earlier in the season.
Reply 368
he's a NZer...southern hemisphere rugby players are rarely gentlemen!

Cant believe George Smith has been dropped from Aus. first team...
Reply 369
a fire in the sky
he's a NZer...southern hemisphere rugby players are rarely gentlemen!

Cant believe George Smith has been dropped from Aus. first team...

fair point, sir
Reply 370
Predictions for Wales vs Oz and England vs NZ then guys?

Mine

Wales 25 - 13 Australia
England 12 - 35 New Zealand

Regards,
Chris
COME ON WALES!!!!!! CYMRU YN GRET!!!!!!!!
oh yeah, go england too
Reply 372
Ethereal
fair point, sir

how are leeds doing this year anyway?
Reply 373
6th
Reply 374
not a great chance of going up again then? Tis a shame...but then there seems to be more than 12 teams who deserve to be in the premiership, but the game schedule is already ridiculous.

Who knows what will happen when the world cup comes around...
Reply 375
a fire in the sky
not a great chance of going up again then? Tis a shame...but then there seems to be more than 12 teams who deserve to be in the premiership, but the game schedule is already ridiculous.

Who knows what will happen when the world cup comes around...

And then there's this idea of locking the premiership as is and getting rid of pro/demotion. Personally, I think that's a ridiculous idea.
Reply 376
Its something that Premier Rugby wanted in order to bargain their way with England - dont think it'll ever happen though.

Looking at what Bristol have achieved in only their second (?) year back in the premiership, they have no argument whatsoever for that, since they've disrupted to constant yo-yo system...

They'd, In my opinion, be better off moving 2 teams across, then they'd get a greater competitiveness between premiership and first division clubs, and then having some competition comparable to the FA cup, although have the premiership clubs pooled in in the fifth round of something similar, so that it isn't a massive burden on their timetabling...
Reply 377
If I were the RFU I would call their bluff and threaten to expel them from the union
Reply 378
I disagree with the presence of premier rugby in so many ways - its basically a body to try and get as much money out of the RFU as possible and an arbiter of the decline in Englands international rugby - they are and have put a massive restriction on the amount of international duty that players can serve, whereas other nations it is country before club, and thats the way it should be.
Reply 379
a fire in the sky
I disagree with the presence of premier rugby in so many ways - its basically a body to try and get as much money out of the RFU as possible and an arbiter of the decline in Englands international rugby - they are and have put a massive restriction on the amount of international duty that players can serve, whereas other nations it is country before club, and thats the way it should be.

hello, long time away from the forum, how is everyone.

WHat have i missed.

I disagree with the restiriction on internationals as surely playing for you country is more important. If thats the argument anyway.

Is everyone enjoying the heineken cup.

Quick Reply

Latest