The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

a fire in the sky
it might've been that year I was thinking about then...

...I dont like the notion of it though, because it makes a ticket £70 rather than 50, hence if you're, say, taking your kid its going to cost you almost half as much again, which isn't a good way of getting more people into the stadium

For the few that come from North Wales, buying the extra ticket could be a waste as they are only getting it for the "better" ticket. I was unlucky to be able to go to both matches. If it wasn't for the deal, I would have only gone to one game, so I gained in one respect, and my dad lost in that he had to drive to Cardiff on two consecutive weekends.
Reply 421
Thats what I mean...the idea is not fair in that respect, and obviously a lot of people just dream of going to see their country against one of the great rugby nations, and shouldn't be forced into the other fixtures - if they cant sell the tickets for those fixtures they shouldn't hold them.
Reply 422
I know that's bang out of order!!! I know it'll not be as good as sum of the top nations, but lets face it it'll probs be the only international I'll get to watch at the milli stad. They price tix ridiculously high. I'm kinda hoping that some of the u19 or u21 6n welsh home games will be held in the arms park, cos with the eng home games last yr they held them in GP club grounds (The Stoop and Sixways respectively) and I know that tix for the u19 eng matches at The Stoop were very cheap (£5). Tho i haven't a clue if they do similar in wales. Hope they do tho cos it'll be nice to see cheap international rug where the players are all my age!!! :p: Lol.
omlette
I know that's bang out of order!!! I know it'll not be as good as sum of the top nations, but lets face it it'll probs be the only international I'll get to watch at the milli stad. They price tix ridiculously high. I'm kinda hoping that some of the u19 or u21 6n welsh home games will be held in the arms park, cos with the eng home games last yr they held them in GP club grounds (The Stoop and Sixways respectively) and I know that tix for the u19 eng matches at The Stoop were very cheap (£5). Tho i haven't a clue if they do similar in wales. Hope they do tho cos it'll be nice to see cheap international rug where the players are all my age!!! :p: Lol.

I think they play the Age Grade matchs at the regional stadiums, so there's bound to matches at the 4 stadiums, but there are other decent stadiums in the south they might play at. So CAP might get a game.
Man With No Name
They also did that in 2004, NZ or SA + Romania or Japan.

I got NZ and Romania and saw two bloody good matches.

That NZ match was fantastic! Best match I've been to, I think.
dragon_1706
That NZ match was fantastic! Best match I've been to, I think.

25-26, I felt rather down after that, but it's still the closest a northern hemisphere team has come to beating the All Blacks since the world cup.
Man With No Name
25-26, I felt rather down after that, but it's still the closest a northern hemisphere team has come to beating the All Blacks since the world cup.

Well I admit another couple of points would have been nice, but it was still a great match.
Reply 427
I'm looking forward to seeing Ireland beat South Africa this arvo!

And I'm fully expecting our celtic cousins to whip the r'ses of Pacific Islands...plus a walkover Romania for Scotland. :smile:

Up the Celts!
yawn
I'm looking forward to seeing Ireland beat South Africa this arvo!

!

Don't jinx it.
Reply 429
roxy potter
Don't jinx it.

lol - you sound just like my dad.:biggrin:
Absolute joke

The only positive is that hopefully Rob Andrew will finally get rid of Robinson after that shambles
Excellent afternoon for those of us north of the border (well, in spirit, anyway)...

Although I got a little embarrassed at the thumping we gave Romania by the end.
alasdair_R
Excellent afternoon for those of us north of the border (well, in spirit, anyway)...

Although I got a little embarrassed at the thumping we gave Romania by the end.

And west of the border.
Man With No Name
And west of the border.

True. Although you lot tend to be less excited about England losing for the seventh time in a row :biggrin:...
alasdair_R
True. Although you lot tend to be less excited about England losing for the seventh time in a row :biggrin:...

I don't know... apparently at the Wales match today, the biggest cheer was when the England result was announced! :redface:
Reply 435
Well if you are useless at sport then the only consolation is when your far more sucessful rival is having a losing streak.
Ferrus
Well if you are useless at sport then the only consolation is when your far more sucessful rival is having a losing streak.

Yikes...obviously touched a nerve...
Reply 437
dragon_1706
I don't know... apparently at the Wales match today, the biggest cheer was when the England result was announced! :redface:

says a lot about the welsh mentality...
Reply 438
I have to say it's a poor reflection on the Gentlemanly conduct of the other home nations that they take solace in England's defeats. It smacks a little of bitterness if you ask me.
Reply 439
Yep...personally I love seeing British and Irish sides win, except when its over England obviously, but the thought that either Scotland, or specifically Wales could win the world cup abhorrant as they'd never shut the **** up about it...

Quick Reply

Latest