Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugby7)
    And dodgy knees
    I second that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I propped against someone who played for Nottingham in the late 80s (when they were one of the best teams around) yesterday, my god am I hurting today.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put this in the 6N thread too, but worth repeating for those not over there:

Mervyn Davies has passed away aged 65. Possibly the greatest ever number 8, he went 2 Lions tours: 1971 & 1974 but was never able to go in 77 (as captain) after collapsing in a cup semi final verses Pontypool 22 days after leading Wales to a grand Slam in 1976. I urge you to take the time to watch this BBC Wales documentary on his life. There are also some wonderful documentaries on Bleddyn Williams and the '71 Lions that are also well worth your time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/16444916
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play openside, may I join?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IQ Test)
    I play openside, may I join?
    I play fly half. So no.

Welcome.

Did anyone see Calum Clark dislocate Hawkin's elbow well after the whistle in the LV Cup final yesterday? Absolute prize scumbag. Hope he gets a massive ban. Has previous too (headbutting and punching in an U20s game).

• 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I play fly half. So no.

Welcome.

Did anyone see Calum Clark dislocate Hawkin's elbow well after the whistle in the LV Cup final yesterday? Absolute prize scumbag. Hope he gets a massive ban. Has previous too (headbutting and punching in an U20s game).

Calum Clarke has so much previous, it's ridiculous. Should just be banned full stop. Price A dickhead.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play fly half. So no.
    Get out :hmmm:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    :sad:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch Pointless tonight?

The final round was naming members of the Wales 2011 RWC squad - I had 3 out of 5 of the Pointless answers. :coma:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Did anyone watch Pointless tonight?

The final round was naming members of the Wales 2011 RWC squad - I had 3 out of 5 of the Pointless answers. :coma:
    Just iplayered it; there are some surprising names that people got and also some staggering one that nobody named...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBugler)
    I second that
    I third that, 3 operations due to rugby and i am only 16
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play fly half. So no.

Hey, it's nothing personal, it's just my job to catch you guys! Once or twice I've managed it :cool:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    A fellow forwards, perhaps?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the best people are/were forwards.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play fly half. So no.

Welcome.

Urgh, that's horrible. I think Clark's a very good player and since he's been at the Saints he's cleaned up his act a lot (after being rowdy for his first few weeks he's just been like anyone else, he's developed into a good leader too) but there's no excuses for that, even against Leicester.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it's nothing personal, it's just my job to catch you guys! Once or twice I've managed it :cool:
    I'm just bitter for getting charged down for a try a few weeks ago
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was a prop
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    BOD back for Leinster on Friday.

Thank **** for that.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    I play fly half. So no.

Welcome.

That's horrendous. It looks like there's intent there - I guess he could be trying to pull the guy, as we can't see the other side, but it seems likely he actively tried to break the other guy's arm - and if so this deserves at least a 6 month ban and a prosecution for assault, maybe ABH.

I don't know why rugby tolerates these things to the extent it does. I mean, if a footballer punches another footballer, he'll not just be sent off, he'll have a hugely long ban. If a man in the street did it, he'd be prosecuted. Yet when Tuilangi did the same, horrendously badly (if you watch a slow-mo replay of the punch Ashton's head get's completely distorted), he got a yellow and a 5 week ban.

These kind of incidents should simply be unacceptable, and punished far far harder across the board than they are. It goes beyond punishment in the game, these kind of players should have criminal records.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)
    That's horrendous. It looks like there's intent there - I guess he could be trying to pull the guy, as we can't see the other side, but it seems likely he actively tried to break the other guy's arm - and if so this deserves at least a 6 month ban and a prosecution for assault, maybe ABH.

I don't know why rugby tolerates these things to the extent it does. I mean, if a footballer punches another footballer, he'll not just be sent off, he'll have a hugely long ban. If a man in the street did it, he'd be prosecuted. Yet when Tuilangi did the same, horrendously badly (if you watch a slow-mo replay of the punch Ashton's head get's completely distorted), he got a yellow and a 5 week ban.

These kind of incidents should simply be unacceptable, and punished far far harder across the board than they are. It goes beyond punishment in the game, these kind of players should have criminal records.
    It looked to me as though he positioned his weight over the joint and then pulled the arm backwards. I can't really see any legitimate reason to do that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.