The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

This must have been ****-scary.

Anyone watch the Leinster Ospreys game on Sunday? Sounded like a good game
Original post by Gob Bluth
Anyone watch the Leinster Ospreys game on Sunday? Sounded like a good game

Great rugby played by both sides but Kahn Fotuali'i failed to put the ball out after 80 minutes before getting turned over and putting the Ospreys under unnecessary pressure.
Shane signed of with a touch of glass, not his most glamorous tries but finished well. Isa Nacewa was MoM with a brace for him as well, one was a great piece of individual skill (after a great kick by Sexton).
Os were the better team over 80 minutes and showed great composure to come back from 17-9 at half time.
Now if only they can carry this form over into next seasons Heineken Cup...
Original post by marcusmerehay

Best thing abou that was that the other team helped get him down safely before continuing, dont get that many sports where that would happen! Must have some strength to hold him though
Original post by MissLightyear
Best thing abou that was that the other team helped get him down safely before continuing, dont get that many sports where that would happen! Must have some strength to hold him though

Great to see such acts, first thing Matu'u does here when he's up is check the bloke he just smashed and put him in the recovery position.

This is why they should ban lifting in open play. So dangerous. Very lucky that the prop was able to hold onto him and great play by Western Province too...
Reply 5266
This is when you know all that gym work has paid off.

Video version.

(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah, I posted that above. :colondollar:

Crazy strength though, holding an 18st man in the air like that. Great balance too, considering the momentum he'd have.
Reply 5268
Yeah, I posted that above. :colondollar:

Oops, sorry! My bad.
Wales 4/11 to beat the Ba-baas tomorrow with a very under strength team against a decent looking Baa Baas who are 2/1. Baa-baas to win guys you think?
Original post by Gob Bluth
Wales 4/11 to beat the Ba-baas tomorrow with a very under strength team against a decent looking Baa Baas who are 2/1. Baa-baas to win guys you think?

If Wales get drawn into playing fast and loose (as should be for a Baas Baas game) then the Baa Baas will win, but I don't know if they'd have it in them to play for the full 80 after 3 games in one week, with plenty of drinking thrown in to aid recovery...
The Welsh starting XV isn't weak mind you... It's definitely a dirttrackers team but it's a lot better than some of full strength the teams we were putting out a decade ago...

15 Liam Williams (Scarlets);
14 Harry Robinson (Blues),
13 Andrew Bishop (Ospreys),
12 James Hook (Perpignan),
11 Aled Brew (Dragons);
10 Dan Biggar (Ospreys),
9 Lloyd Williams (Blues);
1 Rhys Gill (Saracens),
2 Matthew Rees (Scarlets, capt),
3 Rhodri Jones (Scarlets),
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys),
5 Ian Evans (Ospreys),
6 Josh Turnbull (Scarlets),
7 Justin Tipuric (Ospreys),
8 Ryan Jones (Ospreys)

The pack is pretty strong. Backs are very young, but Bishop, Hook & Biggar played together for ages. Williams is pretty good at inside half too.
It'll be good to see how Robinson plays at this level and if Brew takes his chance now he's back in contention. Would have to ask why Wyn Jones didn't fly out to Oz though...
Original post by TheBugler
If Wales get drawn into playing fast and loose (as should be for a Baas Baas game) then the Baa Baas will win, but I don't know if they'd have it in them to play for the full 80 after 3 games in one week, with plenty of drinking thrown in to aid recovery...

Very true. Glad i didn't put on a bet the way it's going.

Original post by Idris Dragon
The Welsh starting XV isn't weak mind you... It's definitely a dirttrackers team but it's a lot better than some of full strength the teams we were putting out a decade ago...

15 Liam Williams (Scarlets);
14 Harry Robinson (Blues),
13 Andrew Bishop (Ospreys),
12 James Hook (Perpignan),
11 Aled Brew (Dragons);
10 Dan Biggar (Ospreys),
9 Lloyd Williams (Blues);
1 Rhys Gill (Saracens),
2 Matthew Rees (Scarlets, capt),
3 Rhodri Jones (Scarlets),
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys),
5 Ian Evans (Ospreys),
6 Josh Turnbull (Scarlets),
7 Justin Tipuric (Ospreys),
8 Ryan Jones (Ospreys)

The pack is pretty strong. Backs are very young, but Bishop, Hook & Biggar played together for ages. Williams is pretty good at inside half too.

Very true, it's still a good team. Wales playing very well so far.
reckon scotland have their match against australia in the bag and will thrash them. I am not trolling guys, laws of averages say we are due a win
Reply 5275
So happy for Scotland. So so happy.
massive effort from the scottish forwards today, great jublie present for the queen, laidlaw did it again, 1st toulouse in the last minute now australia in australia
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Australia.

Great result, Scotland, must be chuffed with that.

I simply cannot wait for the Lions.
Scottish defence was immense today!

:biggrin:
Reply 5279
Lolstralia.

Quick Reply

Latest