The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

it's almost like the all blacks do this on purpose to torment us (like they did with ireland in the autumn ints)...

****ing great game. well played, lads!
Original post by Louis.
Wade and Ashton could be great try scoring options to come in. There's something about May that's really unnerving to watch, I just never know what's going to happen. He actually backed his pace today and he's capable of fantastic breaks but then mistakes always seems likely too. His game is overly reliant on his pace at the moment, which is admittedly incredible.

Fullback position is fine, you're forgetting Foden who is perfect to wear the 23 shirt. You're right on the tighthead though, Cole's fitness is concerning because beyond him and Wilson...

Yeah it's a horrible group, I'm pretty sure we'll get out of it but we need to win it to avoid South Africa.

Yeah Wade definitely needs a run at some point to get above May in the pecking order. May does look like a liability. Heart in mouth time when he gets the ball. Running out of time for people like Yarde and Wade to get enough games.

Had completely forgotten about Foden! Agreed, he is ideal for #23
Is all the rugby on Sky now or is it just the internationals that'll be on Sky, didn't realise Sky had them thus I'd missed a few games it would appear :frown:

--------

Also anyone know which is the best bar/pub in Central London for watching the rugby, I know of a place in Wimbledon but it's full of Saffers :eek: :tongue:
Original post by tehFrance
Is all the rugby on Sky now or is it just the internationals that'll be on Sky, didn't realise Sky had them thus I'd missed a few games it would appear :frown:

--------

Also anyone know which is the best bar/pub in Central London for watching the rugby, I know of a place in Wimbledon but it's full of Saffers :eek: :tongue:

I think they're all on sky
Original post by Ethereal
I think they're all on sky

All but the Aviva Premiership... Just brilliant, cancel Sky get screwed :lol:
All but the Aviva Premiership... Just brilliant, cancel Sky get screwed :lol:

I nearly ended up in a ball curly gnargh when BT got the premiership and it didn't look like virgin were going to do a deal to carry it. Couldn't give a **** about much else on telly but I need me my sports fix!
Original post by Ethereal
I nearly ended up in a ball curly gnargh when BT got the premiership and it didn't look like virgin were going to do a deal to carry it. Couldn't give a **** about much else on telly but I need me my sports fix!

I'm now annoyed with myself, can't get Sky (or CanalSat) at my new place so went with BT as BT Sport had some rugby, didn't realise I'm left with practically nothing :frown:

I should have gone with VM but at £140 to get all the sports channels plus internet when Sky was £67, they can get ****ed and I'll just live with no sports :cry2:

I really need a bar/pub that shows rugby now :lol:
I'll just live with no sports :cry2:

I can't do that ...
Original post by Saralouise95
Anyone else getting irritated with the 'the all blacks are making lots of mistakes cos they're very rusty' granted, but can they not give us a little credit in that we're forcing at least some of these errors in the way we're playing?
Posted from TSR Mobile

If northern hemisphere teams play crap rugby it's because we're not actually that good. If NZ play bad rugby thay have a virus, or are rusty, or the French cheated.

--------

Sky have nearly always had the England summer/autumn internationals, only summer internationals for Wales/Scotland/Ireland are on Sky. All their other internationals are on the BBC :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Could anyone give me an idea of how competitive uni rugby is for 1/2XV places? Playing schools atm but at a 3rds level (albeit at a school with incredible rugby pedigree) and I'm looking to work hard over my last year in school so I can get out of the boiler room for uni and finally play some decent rugby.
Depends on the uni
Tom Wood got it pretty right in that quick interview after the match. England just weren't good enough. Absolutely gutted not to win that.
Original post by Prandtl
Tom Wood got it pretty right in that quick interview after the match. England just weren't good enough. Absolutely gutted not to win that.

I agree, very honest which I liked. I know I should be pleased looking at the scoreline but I just felt like we completely threw it away at the beginning of the second half! It was ours for the taking and yes the all blacks were playing better but I thought we had it in us to take them :frown: Wood was right, you just can't switch off for a second and we did and it cost. Onwards and upwards though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Incorrect sinbinning didn't help matters though
I agree, very honest which I liked. I know I should be pleased looking at the scoreline but I just felt like we completely threw it away at the beginning of the second half! It was ours for the taking and yes the all blacks were playing better but I thought we had it in us to take them :frown: Wood was right, you just can't switch off for a second and we did and it cost. Onwards and upwards though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We were fairly poor first half tbf. Bad bad kicking, lots of first tackles missed, etc. Just feel had we played a better first half we might have been able to hold off the AB onslaught at the beginning of the second. Ugh... At least we're holding ourselves to a high standard! It's not good enough just to give these southern hemisphere sides a game. Got to ****ing win.

It'll be interesting to see what happens and what Lancaster puts out for next week. Tuilagi clearly didn't work today on the wing. Don't know if it can. I'd like to see the Hartley and Lawes start they're in the strongest XI for me.
Original post by Prandtl
We were fairly poor first half tbf. Bad bad kicking, lots of first tackles missed, etc. Just feel had we played a better first half we might have been able to hold off the AB onslaught at the beginning of the second. Ugh... At least we're holding ourselves to a high standard! It's not good enough just to give these southern hemisphere sides a game. Got to ****ing win.

It'll be interesting to see what happens and what Lancaster puts out for next week. Tuilagi clearly didn't work today on the wing. Don't know if it can. I'd like to see the Hartley and Lawes start they're in the strongest XI for me.

Not the strongest first half agree, but we should have taken something from being up at half time and pushed on from there. Thing is with the ABs they always come strong towards the end of a game and so to win we have to put a lot of points on them so we can have a cushion to withstand that pressure. 10-6 wasn't enough.

I didn't like tuilagi on the wing, and I don't like twelvetrees in the centre either. Just don't think he's consistent enough. For me Lawes has to play cos he can have such a massive impact on a game but didn't have a chance to do so coming on from the bench.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not the strongest first half agree, but we should have taken something from being up at half time and pushed on from there. Thing is with the ABs they always come strong towards the end of a game and so to win we have to put a lot of points on them so we can have a cushion to withstand that pressure. 10-6 wasn't enough.

I didn't like tuilagi on the wing, and I don't like twelvetrees in the centre either. Just don't think he's consistent enough. For me Lawes has to play cos he can have such a massive impact on a game but didn't have a chance to do so coming on from the bench.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the ABs are always able to push on strong if they're trailing. Time and again they end up finding the answers. It's infuriating!

Tuilagi just seemed too out of it on the wing. Needs to get involved more either from centre or searching for it like Ashton does when he's at his best. He does lack pace too. We had quite a slow side overall today. No one except Yarde really. Like you, not sure on Twelvetrees either but think he'll get another go next week.
Rugby tomorrow!
This is a ****ing disgrace

Quick Reply

Latest