The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Ourkid
Yeah there were a lot of penalties, and an interesting last play by the scots. :p: screwed over by the ref perhaps?

Not really - ireland had posession and were going to boot it out of the park...but o'gara was on the floor convulsing (which eddie o'sullivan has since said was because someone was choking him - dont believe it myself, what with there only being a minute of the game left and hence no real advantage from it), so it wasn't a bad call.

Not to sound like a bit of a wimp , but it seemed a really dangerous game... - just keep having visions all afternoon of snapping my neck or something :frown: :eek:

It's not so bad - it looks a lot worse than it is...

I'm defo going to get involved during uni though.

Glad to hear it! I found this site the other day - everyone would probably enjoy it:

http://rugbydump.blogspot.com/
Ethereal
sod off :p:

SORE LOSER!!!!!:mad:
Ah well, off to watch England get thoroughly tonked. I reckon 21-6 to France by half-time, 38-9 by the end. I'm sooooo depressed:frown:
The French team is a total disgrace this afternoon.
Well played England! Hopefully we can get back on track now. :biggrin:
Pleasing performance from England.
FrenchGal
The French team is a total disgrace this afternoon.

They were contained - can't put it any other way.
Reply 1007
It was an enjoyable game! :biggrin:

Just want to go and play now after watching that :p:

Ourkid
What a day :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
First Glaws beating the Tiggers :biggrin: (Ethereal, you'll be shocked to know Balshaw actually played semi-decently :O, you can still have him as a welcome back to the premiership present though :p: )
Then England winning :smile:
Unfortunatly no celebratory drinks for me as worked this evening.
So at this stage do France have enough points in difference to still win the series??
Reply 1010
Irish-Jojo
So at this stage do France have enough points in difference to still win the series??

Yes
Well Ireland did themselves no favours with the result against Scotland!!
Reply 1012
Irish-Jojo
Well Ireland did themselves no favours with the result against Scotland!!

You think the choking was acidental?
I dont no, it cud have just been friendly nugging that went bad!!
And it cud just be blown out of proproation like the allegged *spiretackle*

Wat you think!
Reply 1014
Irish-Jojo
I dont no, it cud have just been friendly nugging that went bad!!
And it cud just be blown out of proproation like the allegged *spiretackle*

Wat you think!

I think he was face down on the ground and his airway got blocked. I find it highly doubtful any of the Socts players would strangle a guy and suspicious that there is conveniently not enough for Ireland to report it to the citing officer
Yeah I cant see any of the Scottish guys doing anything like it either!!

It is just being blown out of the truth by the media!!! and the rugby is suffering which is not a gd thing!
Reply 1016
Irish-Jojo
Yeah I cant see any of the Scottish guys doing anything like it either!!

It is just being blown out of the truth by the media!!! and the rugby is suffering which is not a gd thing!

It wasn't the media - it was the Irish coach
Okay then! Dont freak im agreeing with you like!!
Reply 1018
Irish-Jojo
Okay then! Dont freak im agreeing with you like!!

I know, just pointing out it's the Irish staff's fault not the media.

Personally I'd like to see a charge of disrepute
It only seems to be the coach and BoD who said anything about it...

you can see as he runs into that tackle o-gara takes a knock on the head from a prop running back with his arms over his head and appears to slump to the floor rather than commit fully to contact, and considering he was convulsing (which isn't that common with a choking, if my memory serves me correctly) it seems that it is almost certainly not the case.

Also - if you were going to try and put ogara out of the game, you wouldn't do it with 20 seconds to go, since it's pointless...

Quick Reply

Latest