The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

WHAT?! Just sent off the wrong brother.
Can we have a 6N match without ref consequence.
Did like the commentators comment though "I've heard of taking the wrap for your kid brother but thats ridiculous!"
LOL @ Ireland. On Paddy's day as well :biggrin: Got too greedy instead of putting the ball out

Well done France!!
Bugger. Bugger bugger. I was sitting with a bunch of Irishmen in the pub as well...

The ref was a bit **** though.
Sickened, and the tv match official was an irishman and all....
Woohoo, a win at last! :five:
Reply 1085
I knew things would be against us as soon as I heard that Jonathan Luigi Kaplan was to referee our match. :frown:
yawn
I knew things would be against us as soon as I heard that Jonathan Luigi Kaplan was to referee our match. :frown:

he was all on irelands side when they played england a couple of years ago...
yawn

Mind you, he let you get away with a lot of forward passes...
Reply 1088
bikerx23
he was all on irelands side when they played england a couple of years ago...

Not so last year when we played Italy. I was sitting in a pub in Holland with a bunch of Dutch people and they were as angry as me by his oh-so-obvious bias towards Italy.

Still, what do you expect with a middle name like Luigi?
Reply 1089
dragon_1706
Mind you, he let you get away with a lot of forward passes...

Not a lot, dragon - don't exaggerate.

And besides, that has been a feature in all the games this six nations series - enough to be commented on by all rugby pundits.

I'm not bitter though...but we was robbed! :wink:

btw - excellent performance from Wales, they really trounced England.
yawn
Still, what do you expect with a middle name like Luigi?

That he can make a good pizza?

Who knows to be honest - he's a referee with an uncanny ability to forget the rules.

I wasn't too happy with the refereeing in the England game either - a lot of dirty stuff got missed completely (e.g., Martyn Williams short-arming Flood late at the first try period...in the face), and the amount of time before penalties like holding on were staggeringly different for the two teams.
But, Wales did deserve to win, well - they would have if shane williams could catch and pass - Hook is just phenomenol though...
What a terrible game for Shane Williams but we won 'Hook, line and sinker!' :biggrin:
yawn
Not a lot, dragon - don't exaggerate.

And besides, that has been a feature in all the games this six nations series - enough to be commented on by all rugby pundits.

I'm not bitter though...but we was robbed! :wink:

btw - excellent performance from Wales, they really trounced England.

Enough that the last French try wouldn't have been needed... anyway, some good Irish rugby, but a deserved win for France.

From the Welsh point of view, it's great to have a win, but I wish we could have played better early in the championship. Hook played well, but he did have the advantage of a dominant pack which Stephen Jones hasn't had, so it's not all down to him.
dragon_1706

From the Welsh point of view, it's great to have a win, but I wish we could have played better early in the championship. Hook played well, but he did have the advantage of a dominant pack which Stephen Jones hasn't had, so it's not all down to him.

I thought you played better against the Irish and, at times, against the Italians than you did against us yesterday. Shane Williams has definitely had better games. Trouble was, as soon as we lost Mike "half a game" Catt, we had no direction and no leadership; we were never going to score so it was just a case of how many we would concede.
Reply 1094
Is this a countries only RU soc? Any London Irish fans out there? Beat wasps today 16-13 :biggrin:

Anybody see Leguizamon's blunder? I missed the game today as I spent all of it rushing up and down the A406, but heard it was one of blunders of the year.

Ourkid
It was hilarious, good job they won otherwise he was getting to get a new one ripped!
I'm sure it'll be repeated on rugby club.
To be honest, I'm more of a club supporter than country. Gloucester through and through
Hrm...so there's a decent possibility I'm going to go on a sailing trip from La Rochelle to San Sebastian to see the Biarritz-Saints game. Which should be pretty cool.

EDIT: I'm going to an after-party, and have just become extremely excited to find that Sean Lamont is on the Saints team. Woo!
Hey guys :smile:
Sorry to say, but the thread's not a sticky any longer...I did say it was only going to be stuck for the duration of the six nations, and that ended on Saturday...
Dalimyr
Hey guys :smile:
Sorry to say, but the thread's not a sticky any longer...I did say it was only going to be stuck for the duration of the six nations, and that ended on Saturday...

:frown: Oh well, back up for the RWC in the autumn? :p:
Can it not just stay up?
It's an active thread.

Quick Reply

Latest