The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
But the fact that you hold a grudge can work significantly against you as well as for you, so we'll have to wait and see what happens...

It is a shame though - I would have liked cardiff to be in a different group as then there would be no conflict in support...that, and, they might actually get through that way :rolleyes:
bikerx23
But the fact that you hold a grudge can work significantly against you as well as for you, so we'll have to wait and see what happens...

Not in thomond park, although now that i've just said that, we'll probably lose our unbeaten record there.
Can't wait for next year, hopefully wasps will get through aswell, they were really unlucky this year.
please with Glaws group...dont write us off too soon. Our youngsters (some of whom are only second choice atm due to injury *coughJACK ADAMScough*) really work well together. THink we've got a good team...me biased!
The rest of the pools look really difficult. Can't really see Leicster going through as much as I would like them to.
Reply 143
Just wondering if anyone has any predictions for the Ireland vs Australia game on saturday? Or even the France vs South Africa game?

I'm predicting 2 southern hemisphere wins even though Ireland deserve a win after the way they played against New Zealand.
Reply 144
Edit:s-smilie:orry, double post
Reply 145
Ireland and South Africa to win.
Reply 146
david17
Ireland and South Africa to win.

Even with Burgers career possibly over? Admittedly I dont like the dirty cheating saffer, but he has a massive effect on his teams performance - If france play well they should win in my mind.
Reply 147
Just thought since the soc's died a little bit, to try to get it going again, what does everyone think of the tri-nations so far?

I thought South Africa had a shocker against Australia, Scott Johnson's done a good job with the backs there. Although New Zealand didn't look that strong against the Aussies so there could be a couple of surprises over the next couple of weeks, what does everyone else think is going to happen?
Reply 148
harry5069
Just thought since the soc's died a little bit, to try to get it going again, what does everyone think of the tri-nations so far?

I thought South Africa had a shocker against Australia, Scott Johnson's done a good job with the backs there. Although New Zealand didn't look that strong against the Aussies so there could be a couple of surprises over the next couple of weeks, what does everyone else think is going to happen?

I've not managed to see any of the matches :frown:
Reply 149
Hello everyone,

It's pushing August now, so it's time for the rugby chat to really begin. Who do people think are going to win? Who will you all be supporting?

Use the soc throughout the season to moan, rant, vent and also to poke fun at each other!

I'll be supporting Leeds and hoping we can make it back into the premiership!

Come on Tykes!!!
Reply 150
Definatly want tykes back up, greatest county in the country needs a premiership team.
I say Harlequins will do well, Sale for the premiership again and Heineken could be won by anyone, too much of a lottery.As for the rest of the season I just can't wait for it all to start.
Reply 151
I will be supporting bath as always, think they will be mid table this season..due to lack of coaching staff.
But i will also be 'supporting' London Irish, as im going Reading uni. And when im not playing myself go and watch them play sometimes. Hopefully my Dad is going to get me tickets for England V Springboks.:biggrin:
Reply 152
I'm going to be supporting Gloucester. I've got tickets for the South Africa match at Twickenham :smile:
With you there David!
Will also be following Tigers.
My graduation present to myself is to go up to Welford Road for the Tigers vs Glaws match.

Think Glaws will be about 3/4 as our young team is really coming together.
We've got some great new signings, more youngsters waiting in the wings and great returns from injury...in short bring it on!
Reply 154
To those of you who have tickets for SA v Eng ..... I hate you :p:
Reply 155
Ethereal
To those of you who have tickets for SA v Eng ..... I hate you :p:

As do I. :mad:
Reply 156
bikerx23
As do I. :mad:

We should mug them :biggrin:
Reply 157
Ethereal
We should mug them :biggrin:

I'd be up for that - any bastard with stuff wot I want deserves a kicking anyway - that means just about all of you...
Reply 158
bikerx23
I'd be up for that - any bastard with stuff wot I want deserves a kicking anyway - that means just about all of you...

I have nothing you want :p:
Reply 159
Ethereal
I have nothing you want :p:

pfft - you'd be surprised how much of a greedy capitalist I am - if you have possesions I would rather I had them :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest