Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

moral of the story.....=....UNI SUMMER STINKS!

Announcements Posted on
Make a difference in the community and greet new people - join the Welcome Squad! 22-10-2014
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow so happy its uni summer,so much freedom to do nothing and get annoyed searching online for "pharmacy summer placement" rephrased a million times.

All the free time in the world to not go anywhere and enjoy the heat stuck in your sweaty room here in the uk.

I love the way flowers "dont even grow on trees anymore" in england and meeting all my lovely friends who are "abroad enjoying themselves"----omg what joy to make a post about it and admire the generic "read a book" responses on tsr.

Utopia is an understatement for the summer "time of my life" im having.

(in brackets what im saying is please suggest something amazing!)
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hop on a coach, go to a city you've never visited before, check into a youth hostel and wander round it for a week.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling rather well. It's easy to get depressed as you think about how the summer is ticking away and all the awesome things you should be doing with the time while you have it.

That said, the 'heat [...] in your sweaty room'? That doesn't sound like the 'summer' I'm having!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I not surprised your losing your sanity, this summer has been so boring. Do something outrageous each day or even something small like ride your bike through the park.
    As long as your being proactive each day then you wont constantly feel like a pile of useless dog crap : )

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whostolemycookie)
    I not surprised your losing your sanity, this summer has been so boring. Do something outrageous each day or even something small like ride your bike through the park.
    As long as your being proactive each day then you wont constantly feel like a pile of useless dog crap : )

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    but what are you guys doing-its ridiculous the amount of time i have
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do something you have never done! Travel around UK, go and swim to the see, or meet friends and have a picnic,,, start reading books you always wanted to... ) there is so much to do, you just must find it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I remember hating my first summer back at home. Would rather eat my own face than go through that again.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marosh)
    Do something you have never done! Travel around UK, go and swim to the see, or meet friends and have a picnic,,, start reading books you always wanted to... ) there is so much to do, you just must find it
    generic response is generic
    look at what i said in the paragraph-
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you say "heat"
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letr)
    All the free time in the world to not go anywhere and enjoy the heat stuck in your sweaty room here in the uk.
    Open the window and let some fresh air in.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This idiot has been whining about this for ages now, he says all advice given is too generic. How can anyone give specific advice when we don't know who he is or what he likes doing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    This idiot has been whining about this for ages now, he says all advice given is too generic. How can anyone give specific advice when we don't know who he is or what he likes doing?
    (im not an idiot)
    i like going abroad and meeting people my age....money?concerts?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letr)
    i like going abroad and meeting people my age....im not an idiot
    There we are then, get one of those dirt-cheap coaches to Amsterdam and ask the first person you see for a youth hostel. Check in and stay there till your money runs out. While there, spend no time on your own and say yes to every invitation or suggestion. For extra adventure and cheapness, couch-surf. There are also opportunities to go abroad and be an au-pair, or I saw a website where you can go and live for free with an artist abroad for a couple of weeks, I can't remember what it was called though, but I did assume there would be some experimental sex involved.

If you haven't got enough money to do that then suck it up and start a new hobby, it will be a boring chore for a couple of weeks but after that it will have become a habit. If you like going abroad maybe learning a new language might be a decent substitute for you, because you can engage culturally with their films, media...

If it's any consolation I am having a very dull summer as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know where your coming form OP!

Im stuck at my Uni city bored with only 2 days a week at work (the weekend, how typical).

Ive applied for jobs everywhere to no avail.

I do some volunteering.

But im still BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    I know where your coming form OP!

Im stuck at my Uni city bored with only 2 days a week at work (the weekend, how typical).

Ive applied for jobs everywhere to no avail.

I do some volunteering.

But im still BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED
    there needs to be more opportunities
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letr)
    wow so happy its uni summer,so much freedom to do nothing and get annoyed searching online for "pharmacy summer placement" rephrased a million times.

I love the way flowers "dont even grow on trees anymore" in england and meeting all my lovely friends who are "abroad enjoying themselves"----omg what joy to make a post about it and admire the generic "read a book" responses on tsr.

Utopia is an understatement for the summer "time of my life" im having.

(in brackets what im saying is please suggest something amazing!)
    Summer for me is all about working to save funds for going back to
    Uni so that I can have a better time there...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.V)
    Summer for me is all about working to save funds for going back to
    Uni so that I can have a better time there...
    ive got an interview this friday...the joys of working
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letr)
    ive got an interview this friday...the joys of working
    Wheyhey! Mehh i know but it has to be done

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.