The Student Room Group

TSA agents to staff UK airports during olympics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by callum9999
Are you really that much of a brain-dead moron? While the risk is low, it's definitely there... What were you doing on 7/7... What about the several people who have been caught trying to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb etc...

Maybe the risk being low means you'd feel safe flying with no security, but the vast majority of people wouldn't... Maybe those everyday people do pose more of a threat, but that's why we have police...

We've caught these people without the tsa. Keep airport security how it is, its fine, we do not need these tsa child molesters here.

By the way my cousin missed the bus which was bombed on 7/7. So dont act like i dont give a s***
Are you really that much of a brain-dead moron? While the risk is low, it's definitely there... What were you doing on 7/7... What about the several people who have been caught trying to blow up a plane with a shoe bomb etc...

Maybe the risk being low means you'd feel safe flying with no security, but the vast majority of people wouldn't... Maybe those everyday people do pose more of a threat, but that's why we have police...

You're at risk of being struck down by lightning, might as well put on some grounded insulation suit every morning.

You're at risk of...well. A lot of things, that is no basis for dumb-**** reactionary policies.

It's not as if anyone is even questioning the need for airport security, but airports are already some of the most heavily defended and watched civilian installations on Earth, do we really need idiotic screening the likes the TSA provides?

There are so many 'soft targets' for terrorists the world over, schools, hospitals, buses, shopping centres. The list is endless, but no, the authorities are so illogically scared of a couple of fundamentalists that they assume everyone with a grudge is going to try and bring down an airliner, or blow up an airport lounge.

Moronic, the TSA is the result of institutional severe fear reaction.

It's like people who have one flook rare accident so avoid that thing needlessly ever after. Authorities are so ****-scared of another 9/11 they try and justify unjustifiable activities like an agency like the TSA patting down and x-raying to the 'junk' of people who are quite blatantly innocent.

It's called 'security theatre', measures that make you feel safe/think they're doing something when in fact those measures are easily bypassed by a terrorist who seriously wants to do some damage.

Those who would give up liberty for a little security deserve neither.

Your right to gain a false sense of security doesn't trump other people's rights to not witness their kids/themselves getting violated by handsy cocks with a power complex.
Reply 22
Controversial.....
It will be interesting to see how non-westerners end up handling it, since they're likely to have less tolerance for it.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
You're at risk of being struck down by lightning, might as well put on some grounded insulation suit every morning.

You're at risk of...well. A lot of things, that is no basis for dumb-**** reactionary policies.

It's not as if anyone is even questioning the need for airport security, but airports are already some of the most heavily defended and watched civilian installations on Earth, do we really need idiotic screening the likes the TSA provides?

There are so many 'soft targets' for terrorists the world over, schools, hospitals, buses, shopping centres. The list is endless, but no, the authorities are so illogically scared of a couple of fundamentalists that they assume everyone with a grudge is going to try and bring down an airliner, or blow up an airport lounge.

Moronic, the TSA is the result of institutional severe fear reaction.

It's like people who have one flook rare accident so avoid that thing needlessly ever after. Authorities are so ****-scared of another 9/11 they try and justify unjustifiable activities like an agency like the TSA patting down and x-raying to the 'junk' of people who are quite blatantly innocent.

It's called 'security theatre', measures that make you feel safe/think they're doing something when in fact those measures are easily bypassed by a terrorist who seriously wants to do some damage.

Those who would give up liberty for a little security deserve neither.

Your right to gain a false sense of security doesn't trump other people's rights to not witness their kids/themselves getting violated by handsy cocks with a power complex.

It's common sense... It's obvious to absolutely anyone that planes and Olympic venues are more likely to be targetted than your local hospital or school.

The TSA aren't coming here to increase the severity of security checks, they are assisting in the process due to already being trained and the UK needing more security personnel.

Nor are many of them "handsy" or "child molesters" or whatever other ridiculous thing you 2 want to come up with.

Original post by ESPORTIVA
We've caught these people without the tsa. Keep airport security how it is, its fine, we do not need these tsa child molesters here.

By the way my cousin missed the bus which was bombed on 7/7. So dont act like i dont give a s***

Stop saying such ridiculous things like "sorry i dont believe that BS that some cave dwelling guy from godknowswhereistan is a threat to my well being." then... If your cousin just missed a bus that was bombed by someone then obviously they DO pose a threat to your well-being, however minimal that may be.
This is phenomenal.

Cant wait to get my bunghole explored.
Reply 25
It's common sense... It's obvious to absolutely anyone that planes and Olympic venues are more likely to be targetted than your local hospital or school.

The TSA aren't coming here to increase the severity of security checks, they are assisting in the process due to already being trained and the UK needing more security personnel.

Nor are many of them "handsy" or "child molesters" or whatever other ridiculous thing you 2 want to come up with.

Stop saying such ridiculous things like "sorry i dont believe that BS that some cave dwelling guy from godknowswhereistan is a threat to my well being." then... If your cousin just missed a bus that was bombed by someone then obviously they DO pose a threat to your well-being, however minimal that may be.

She doesnt believe they pose a threat to her now.
Fantasist
Original post by ESPORTIVA
She doesnt believe they pose a threat to her now.

Oh, why didn't you say? I forgot that UK security was based on what your cousin "believes" the threat to be...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending