The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TopG
I'm doing -

Edexcel Mathmatics
OCR FSMQ Additional Mathmatics
AQA English Language
AQA English Literature
OCR Twenty First Century Science (Triple Award) (Finished B1,B2,C1,C2,P1.P2 and halfway through B3)
Edexcel Religious Studies (Already finished Unit 8:Religion & Society Christianity & Islam)
OCR Mordern World History
Edexcel Geography
AQA German
AQA Drama
AQA Economics
AQA Statistics
CIE IGCSE Accounting

I did AQA German. I'm not sure if your year still has coursework but mine was 60% controlled conditions and 40% exam. If it is the same, make sure you do really well on your controlled conditions/coursework.
Reply 261
Original post by shadab786ahmed
It's not impossible, because thats what the IB is... But it's much harder, also makes it impossible to resit... Luckily we won't be affected :biggrin: so no worries :tongue:

Lol I'm doing the IB and believe me I wish I had done A Levels
Original post by DazedDreamer
Hi! I'm also going into year 10. I'm excited about it yet really nervous at the same time!
I'm doing:
Spanish
Geography
Art & Design
Short Course Latin

As well as (compulsory) English Lit + Lang, Maths (a year early), RS, and Triple Science.

Im worried I won't be able to keep up with my school work and extra curriculars, and my art - apparently its a lot of work! But I just want to start so I can get it over with!

Art is a killer.
Original post by Fee95
Lol I'm doing the IB and believe me I wish I had done A Levels

Aww, it'll pay off in the end, broader learning?
Reply 264
Aww, it'll pay off in the end, broader learning?

Yeah that's what they tell you......I think it's all bull****. It's meant to allow for you to have an easier transition into Uni.......I'll see about that though only time will tell if I even get into Uni :/
Original post by Fee95
Yeah that's what they tell you......I think it's all bull****. It's meant to allow for you to have an easier transition into Uni.......I'll see about that though only time will tell if I even get into Uni :/

When are you due for entry?
Well for me, I'll have six a levels, so mine is quite broad...
Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French, History :biggrin:
Reply 266
When are you due for entry?
Well for me, I'll have six a levels, so mine is quite broad...
Maths, F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French, History :biggrin:

I'm applying this year for 2013 entry && Woah :O:O Good Luck man with those A Levels.
Original post by Fee95
I'm applying this year for 2013 entry && Woah :O:O Good Luck man with those A Levels.

Aah, good luck! What are you applying for?
Thanks :tongue: it'll be okay becAuse I'm sitting some early :tongue:
Reply 268
Aah, good luck! What are you applying for?
Thanks :tongue: it'll be okay becAuse I'm sitting some early :tongue:

Dentistry :/ You must be bare clever sitting a levels early and that
Original post by Fee95
Dentistry :/ You must be bare clever sitting a levels early and that

Aaah, another dentist! :tongue:
Urmmm... I can't really answer that, but I'm going to sit my maths AS next year, maybe A2 as well (year 11) and finish my history AS... :smile:
Reply 270
Aaah, another dentist! :tongue:
Urmmm... I can't really answer that, but I'm going to sit my maths AS next year, maybe A2 as well (year 11) and finish my history AS... :smile:

InshAllah, competition nowadays is at a high.Sad times.What do you want to study at uni?
Original post by Fee95
InshAllah, competition nowadays is at a high.Sad times.What do you want to study at uni?

Yeah :frown: I want to do Chemical Engineering :smile:
Reply 272
Yeah :frown: I want to do Chemical Engineering :smile:

Cool, I'll just pretend that I know what a chemical engineerist does haha. Anyways byee and good luck with the studying no slacking yeah? :smile:
Original post by Fee95
Cool, I'll just pretend that I know what a chemical engineerist does haha. Anyways byee and good luck with the studying no slacking yeah? :smile:

They do a lot! :tongue: thanks, I won't :wink: byee!
Reply 274
We can't use foreign language on here without translation... So urmmm... We can't :tongue:

I don't think you should study Nazi Germany or Russia :tongue: it may make you emotional...

Ahah, yeah, but you have sub topics to learn? Even if the exam isn't split :tongue:

What other units could you have studied in Unit 1? And how were you taught them - because if you did Nazi Germany and others in your class did Totalitarian Ideology in theory and in practice, then how would you be got round to?:wink: Oh and what other units are you going to take?
Original post by Wawasan
What other units could you have studied in Unit 1? And how were you taught them - because if you did Nazi Germany and others in your class did Totalitarian Ideology in theory and in practice, then how would you be got round to?:wink: Oh and what other units are you going to take?

Urmmm... I don't know :s-smilie: this is what we have to do at a level:
HY1: British Foreign Policy 1880-1980
HY2: Nazi Germany 1933-1945
HY3: Coursework based on HY1/2
HY4: open ended synoptic exam..

Was that your question?
Reply 276
Urmmm... I don't know :s-smilie: this is what we have to do at a level:
HY1: British Foreign Policy 1880-1980
HY2: Nazi Germany 1933-1945
HY3: Coursework based on HY1/2
HY4: open ended synoptic exam..

Was that your question?

Kind of. So do you not get a choice at your school of the sub-topics to choose in your units? I know of Unit 4 because an external topic anyway, but I'm sure I've heard before of the first three units comprises of many different topics to choose from. Like it lists at http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2040-W-SP.PDF
Original post by Wawasan
Kind of. So do you not get a choice at your school of the sub-topics to choose in your units? I know of Unit 4 because an external topic anyway, but I'm sure I've heard before of the first three units comprises of many different topics to choose from. Like it lists at http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2040-W-SP.PDF

The school has a choice of what to teach, and that's what they chose :smile: there are loads of other possible modules :smile:
Reply 278
The school has a choice of what to teach, and that's what they chose :smile: there are loads of other possible modules :smile:

I see:smile:. Can you not individually choose?
Original post by Wawasan
I see:smile:. Can you not individually choose?

Nope :tongue:

Latest