Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2012/13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ...mo...)
    which one of the promoted teams do you think will stand out?
    West Ham have been an established Premier League club longer than the other two but I think that Southampton will be the surprising package out of the newly promoted three.

Lambert, Sharp and Rodriguez - not established in the Premier League but good finishers, we'll see if they cut it. They could be like Norwich last season, poor defence but Holt's goals made sure they weren't in danger.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to consider Carroll if he goes to West Ham?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Anyone going to consider Carroll if he goes to West Ham?
    No.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla :awesome:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Colbert's right. The Olympics have had an effect on the no. of people joining the league. Not that many so far, with only 2 weeks left till it kicks off.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even I hardly go on FPL possibly because the season hasn't started.

They do have until Sept to join for classic league, and 2 weeks to join H2H.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a decent amount in the league tbh, it'll be fun. I can't wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Somali Pirates Utd

Taken some risks this season...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not changed or looked at my team for a while, going to be looking at it just before the season kicks off and the Olympics are finished.

Anyone know when Bale is expected to be back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Not changed or looked at my team for a while, going to be looking at it just before the season kicks off and the Olympics are finished.

He was playing in a game after he got 'injured' so i'd presume he's back now.

Mclean or Pienaar? Hmmmmmmm!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)

He's fit again apparantly.

I always use this site to check, it's usually more accurate than the fantasy football one and the dates help you plan out future transfers.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Joined. Suffolkin Phenominal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In - Spriggs XI
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    joined.

thomarse united
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to rebuild my side tomorrow and take a look at some new signings etc etc I guess, at least we don't need a squad confirmed until the league begins though
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finding it really hard to choose which goalkeepers i want. Anyone else in the same boat? Who are you going for?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Finding it really hard to choose which goalkeepers i want. Anyone else in the same boat? Who are you going for?
    My recent tinkerings have led me through the following:

DDG/Fed
    DDG/4.0
    Cech/Fed
    Cech/4.5
    Jaas/Begovic

All valid but all equally poor. DDG may not be first choice and United have no defenders fit, whilst Cech is too expensive and Chelsea are leaky anyway. The Jaas/Begovic is awful as Stoke's poor fixtures mean banking on West Ham for much of the opening months.

I am aware that your dear friends are harping on about Davis/Green or Freidel/4.5 but I am equally unconvinced by these.

Might just go home away rotation with Hart and De Gea :holmes:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    My recent tinkerings have led me through the following:

DDG/Fed
    DDG/4.0
    Cech/Fed
    Cech/4.5
    Jaas/Begovic

All valid but all equally poor. DDG may not be first choice and United have no defenders fit, whilst Cech is too expensive and Chelsea are leaky anyway. The Jaas/Begovic is awful as Stoke's poor fixtures mean banking on West Ham for much of the opening months.

I am aware that your dear friends are harping on about Davis/Green or Freidel/4.5 but I am equally unconvinced by these.

Might just go home away rotation with Hart and De Gea :holmes:
    I can never tell if you're serious

Agreed on all those points. Might end up going with the tried and trusted Vorm/Krul/Mignolet combo till atleast wildcard time. Only problem is that those teams also have defenders who are cheaper than their GK counterparts.

Federici has been in all my drafts so far though. Mostly because of the lure of the DGW, wouldn't look at him otherwise.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    De Gea and some 4.0 keeper.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Taking the Papiss
Updated: July 15, 2013
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.