The Student Room Group

Love at first sight kinda

ok so last week at a party met this guy who is soooooooooooo faulous, he is gorgeous! But he has a gf who was also at the party, who can tel i like him, she said we should swap number's, we never but he bought me drinks and it was clear he liked me too, he was such a gentleman and kissed my hand when i was leaving, i haven't been able to stop thinkin about him, his gf said we get on so well n would be perfect together!

another party tomorrow night - fancy dress, i'm goin as minnie mouse, how do i go about things - i really like this girl but what about his gf?????????

fyi his gf cheats on him and is a complete slag and i no i would be so much better for him! advice please!
Hey Soph, well, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. If he likes you enough he'll leave her. Don't get involved with him whilst he's with someone else - it'll end in tears.
i really really like him, i don't think he want's to leave her though!
shopaholic_soph
i really really like him, i don't think he want's to leave her though!

Well tough then.

You essentially have two choices it seems:

1. Take the sensible option and leave him well alone (ignoring him might also show him he has to be single if he wants to get with you).

2. Go for it and be his bit-on-the-side. It'll piss her off and make it too easy for him.
Reply 4
First of all, congratulations on staying anonymous :p:

Secondly, what the hell? This is such a weird situation. Do they have an open relationship or something? Because its really strange that she's encouraging you to start something up with him. I'd be wary of that.

This guy has a girlfriend. It doesn't matter that you think you'd be better for him (and you don't know this for sure, anyway, because you don't know anything about their relationship dynamics) or that she reckons you'd be great together, the fact is, he's with someone else. Do you want to be responsible for ending a relationship? Personally I don't think I could live with that, due to the guilt and also the worry that as he's clearly easily led astray, someone else will come and steal him from me the way you got together in the first place. Plus if you get together quickly after they break up (or even while they're still together) the issues from their relationship are more likely to carry over into yours. So if you want anything to happen, I'd wait until the relationship runs it course and ends naturally.

Finally, why the hell would you want to be with someone willing to chat up someone else with his girlfriend in full view? To be quite honest, I'd stay away from the whole situation all together. Its just odd.
Reply 5
Sorry the anon function broke :smile:
LOL i'm just naturally stupid - it's the blondeness!!!!

ok ok you have all made good points, i may try and find someone else at the party to make him jealous with or maybe someone she likes but omg he is just so fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
shopaholic_soph
ok ok you have all made good points, i may try and find someone else at the party to make him jealous with or maybe someone she likes but omg he is just so fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you do that?! How will that change anything? Its so harsh to use someone like that.
because i do really like him and i can see his gf doin the same, she is cheap!
Reply 9
Why does his gf say you guys would be perfect together? I'm sorry, that's just very odd. Yeah... I would find out more what's up with their whole relationship before you go any farther.
Reply 10
I do hope you mean lust at first sight...
Unfortunatly as the others say he has a g/f unless he breaks up with her which he says he won't then i'm afraid you will have to look elsewhere.
Reply 12
shopaholic_soph

Doesn't that make you wonder about his standards then?
Reply 13
shopaholic_soph

That doesn't answer my question at all. How does pulling someone else to make this guy jealous make him a) less of a sleaze, b) more likely to dump his girlfriend or c) not in a really odd situation?

Answer: it doesn't. You'd just be using someone to no avail.

And why lower yourself to the level of his 'cheap' girlfriend? Do you want to be cheap yourself?

Latest

Trending

Trending