Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst Games You Have Seen Live?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
FIFA 15 is out now! Check out the latest discussions in The FIFA Gaming Society! 06-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    simple thread , what are some of the worst games you have seen live meaning you were in the ground when it happened?

i am a Bolton fan one that comes to mind is where we lost 1-0 at Wigan in 2008 , it was more annoying because Megson who was our manager at the time rested nearly all the players on the Thursday when we were playing Sporting Lisbon in the Uefa cup and he said it would keep most of the players fresh for these match , another made it worse was that they went down to 10 men in the first minute of the game when Koumas got sent off for Wigan and we were poor in that match even getting beaten by an Emile Heskey header.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    got to be Bolton 1-3 Liverpool.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stoke away (v Spurs) last year.

December afternoon in the least inviting place in the history of everywhere. Freezing cold, ground's in the middle of nowhere. Outsung, outplayed in the first half, go into HT 2-0 down thanks to a tap-in and a scuffed strike. Come back, Adebayor scores a penalty, and we start to outplay Stoke but the referee seems to conspire against us. Two handball claims turned down, goal disallowed for offside, and then finally Kaboul was sent off, which was a joke of a red card. Ended up 2-1. Cue trying to find way out of middle of nowhere and 3 hours on the train back to London.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Toon 0-0 Crystal Palace.

last game of the season a while back. Both having nothing to play for. Boring. Boring. Boring.

Ended up the fans throwing paper aeroplanes onto the pitch. The ones that flew far got the biggest cheers. We actually didn't notice a Newcastle chance down the other end of the pitch at one point.
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only game I've seen live at a stadium was when Chelsea played Wigan in April '08, unfortunately Heskey equalized for Wigan right at the end which was a major factor in why we didn't win the title in that season of so near misses
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worst game has got to be October last year!
    Villa vs. Man City @ Man City Ground!
    I had travelled up to Manchester with my mate and we got slaughtered 4-1!

Another beating i have seen is Birmingham City vs. Man Utd they lost 7-0 ROFL:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Easy. Wigan v West Ham. The Hammers lost 1-0 at the DW Stadium and Dean Ashton, great player that he was, had just come back from injury but looked like the fat kid who wouldn't run unless you pomised his a chocolate bar. Unfortunately, no-one had any chocolate for him that day. The rest of the team was just as bad. Terrible showing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Losing 1-0 at Histon was abit ****.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First game I went to was Chelsea Blackburn at Stamford Bridge in 2001 I think. It was 0-0 and there was only one chance all match, and everyone stood up so I couldn't see as I was only 10. I'm not even a fan of either of these teams.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hendon v Wealdstone 2010.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barnet v York City this season comes to mind. Though now Edgar Davids is here....

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.