The Student Room Group

Do you date outside your race?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Never been out with anybody outside my own race, but not for any particular reason. I've had crushes on people of different races (I had a massive crush on a guy who was half-Kenyan Asian at school). To me, race isn't an issue - it's just sort of an accident that the people who have liked me back were also white.
The last two guys I was with were both were Persian and English, so I would say I'm open to dating outside my race. But I don't limit myself to a specific race. For me, it's more about an instant long-lasting mutual attraction for another person and if this person happens to be from god knows where, then that is not going to stop me from dating them.

I'm lucky in the fact that I come from a diverse family of many cultures and colours. I have an aunt who is Norwegian, another who is English. Some of my family who are from another religion entirely, i.e. Muslim. I'm blessed in the fact that I don't face any obstacles in my choice of partner that some people do from my family and friends.

:colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
I would date outside my race since im really into white girls. But being an Oriental guy, its hard because they never seem to go for us. :sad:
Reply 23
I haven't but definitely would. I'm so attracted to black and Indian girls, so much more so than white females.
Yep; my boyfriend parents are from Africa and Iran. :smile:
Reply 25
Yes. I am British Indian and I have dated white, asian and black girls. If they're attractive to me and on a level I don't see a problem with it.

I think most people usually date within their own race but there are exceptions. This is why interracial dating is so rare.

What annoys me is those girls that go exclusively for a certain race because its 'in right now' or 'cool'. I find it so insensitive and lame.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Mr Smurf
I would date outside my race since im really into white girls. But being an Oriental guy, its hard because they never seem to go for us. :sad:

I love you man!! If I was a white girl I'd go out with you.
Reply 27
Of course, I kinda like the whole interracial dating thing, having a girl that's a different colour to me and I think I've been generally attracted to mainly white and asian girls. It seems more vibrant, I like all girls though, I'm getting more attracted to my race though,
Yes. I'm black and I'm generally attracted to guys of any race, though I've found myself only having been on dates with white guys. I've never really had a proper relationship before, but I've had a couple of childhood romances who were white. I don't find dating in general at all easy tbh, but I'm usually always around more white people, so it seems statistically I'm more likely to be involved with them.
For me it would be impossible not to, I literally don't belong to any one race. I'm half white english and half egyptian. Unless I were to find another person of the exact same mix I'm always going interracial, obviously it doesn't matter to me and i find it weird and incomprehensible that it would to anyone.

I've been with mostly white and middle-eastern women but i have no preference except that I like dark features on a girl. Don't know why but dark hair and dark eyes has always been a thing. I find indian women super-attractive but haven't been with one yet lol, and obviously never been with an egyptian before cause there are barely any of us here in the UK.
Reply 30
What about international (not necessarily interracial) dating?
Reply 31
Im white and used to date white guys in my teens, but since ive been 17 ive only been attracted to black guys, maybe its a fad i dont know but im mega attracted to them. My BF is black. I do like it when im out with him, some people look at us and i find it quite nice, may be its because we're both attractive i dont know.
We're just so good together, im still waiting for him to propose to me id say yes in a heart beat he is my Mr Right.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Jessica20
Im white and used to date white guys in my teens, but since ive been 17 ive only been attracted to black guys, maybe its a fad i dont know but im mega attracted to them. My BF is black. I do like it when im out with him, some people look at us and i find it quite nice, may be its because we're both attractive i dont know.
We're just so good together, im still waiting for him to propose to me id say yes in a heart beat he is my Mr Right.

Eurgh.
I'm half White British, half S.American so i don't really have a choice to date outside my own race unless i went around hunting for someone with the exact same ethnic background.. which would be a little weird :smile: Where I live is really the exact opposite of culturally diverse and as a result i've only really ever had white friends, and only mix with white people so I probably find them the most attractive..as long as they're not too skinny haha, but saying that I also really like middle eastern guys and i don't know any of them. I would theoretically date any race though if i liked him and found him attractive, i think not to do so would limit myself on the kind of person i could meet :biggrin:
Original post by MancBoy
Yes. I am British Indian and I have dated white, asian and black girls. If they're attractive to me and on a level I don't see a problem with it.

I think most people usually date within their own race but there are exceptions. This is why interracial dating is so rare.

What annoys me is those girls that go exclusively for a certain race because its 'in right now' or 'cool'. I find it so insensitive and lame.

Jealous much? :p:
Actually I actually become quite put off if a girl says " I like (insert ethnicity) boys". I'm not a sort of accessory. I don't mind ploughing their brains out but the minset/attitude is not appealing.
Reply 35
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Jealous much? :p:
Actually I actually become quite put off if a girl says " I like (insert ethnicity) boys". I'm not a sort of accessory. I don't mind ploughing their brains out but the minset/attitude is not appealing.

Nah not jealous I meant its unfair for the person of that ethnicity because like you said because of that attitude. Said girls usually end up with guys of their own race when they want to marry. So in the end its kind of sad really.

My friend is black and he is struggling to find a white girl who wants to settle down.
Original post by Jessica20

I don't get this.

These type of people will get cheated on once then say all black men are the same. :rolleyes:
Don't see why not :smile:
Original post by MancBoy
Nah not jealous I meant its unfair for the person of that ethnicity because like you said because of that attitude. Said girls usually end up with guys of their own race when they want to marry. So in the end its kind of sad really.

My friend is black and he is struggling to find a white girl who wants to settle down.

I think they think it's some kind of experiment like "**** a black guy" is on their ticklist. Tbf , it's not like lads have ticklists

Btw, I thought mancunian girls love black cock (what I've been told)
Reply 39
Original post by 9MmBulletz
I think they think it's some kind of experiment like "**** a black guy" is on their ticklist. Tbf , it's not like lads have ticklists

Btw, I thought mancunian girls love black cock (what I've been told)

Yeah a lot of the local girls do. The local girls here are tolerant of most races. The student girls aren't though tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending