Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Law degrees stating also graded on 'presentations' what do these entail and require?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my second year of college and plan to study law at university but I recently found out that alongside examinations I would also be required to do 'presentations' what does this entail? Is the presentation grading also required at all universities and for all Law honours degrees?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell-)
    I'm going into my second year of college and plan to study law at university but I recently found out that alongside examinations I would also be required to do 'presentations' what does this entail? Is the presentation grading also required at all universities and for all Law honours degrees?

I only had one presentation during my first year.

Had to take part in a recorded group moot for Public Law (it was worth 25% of the entire Public Law module I think) debating whether or not the UK should have a Bill of Rights.

It'll differ from uni to uni though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    I only had one presentation during my first year.

Had to take part in a recorded group moot for Public Law (it was worth 25% of the entire Public Law module I think) debating whether or not the UK should have a Bill of Rights.

It'll differ from uni to uni though.

I see! So is it more so a group debate? Only I was under the impression it was a individual presentation to a group of people which I would possibly dread!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell-)
    I see! So is it more so a group debate? Only I was under the impression it was a individual presentation to a group of people which I would possibly dread!
    Kinda. We were put in a group of 5 with people from within my seminar group, given a question, conducted research, wrote a speech and split it up into sections for each person to read. We performed it in front of the course convenor, my seminar tutor and a video camera (so it could be recorded for external moderation purposes). I was nervous about it at the start too but it was alright once we got into it and we came out with both an individual mark and a group mark (the individual mark was the mark that was put forward as 25% of the module).

The Public exam was a bitch though
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Powerpoints in front of a tutorial group (probably... I didn't do law)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Kinda. We were put in a group of 5 with people from within my seminar group, given a question, conducted research, wrote a speech and split it up into sections for each person to read. We performed it in front of the course convenor, my seminar tutor and a video camera (so it could be recorded for external moderation purposes). I was nervous about it at the start too but it was alright once we got into it and we came out with both an individual mark and a group mark (the individual mark was the mark that was put forward as 25% of the module).

The Public exam was a bitch though
    Wasn't aware of the public exam haha. Would you mind telling me what that entails too?

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell-)
    Wasn't aware of the public exam haha. Would you mind telling me what that entails too?

Sorry I meant Public Law exam (governments, constitutions, etc.)

A couple of the modules will differ from uni to uni.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 19, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.