Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you genuinely think you're smarter than the average TSR user?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: Are you smarter than the average TSR user?
    Yes
    59.06%
    No
    40.94%

• 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everybody on TSR receives A's or A*'s
    The closest I've ever been to an A is erm, idk.

So, no.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollandGarros)
    Yes, I have a first from the big four uni, and some people go to brunel to do psychology or whatever :rofl:
    Oh, really? Interesting, since only 1 day ago you were going into second year. That's fast work!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2061154

If you're going to lie on the internet, at least try to get your story straight. :rolleyes:

Also, big four? Come on. There's no such thing. Oxbridge is the top, then there's a good 10 or so very high quality universities just behind. Big 4 is a lie that non-Oxbridge students tell themselves to make themselves feel better. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a university other than Oxford or Cambridge, but using a phrase like "big four" just reveals bitterness that you're not there. If you actually had pride in your university, like you insinuate in your post, then you'd own to it rather than try to combine it with Oxbridge.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, some very intelligent people on here. I reckon I have a lot more sex though.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Busby_Babe)
    No, some very intelligent people on here. I reckon I have a lot more sex though.
    Looooooooooooool!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has it ever occurred to you that people on here could quite easily be lying about their grades? Like that RollandGarros guy.

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieGriffin)
    Has it ever occurred to you that people on here could quite easily be lying about their grades? Like that RollandGarros guy.

I'm sure quite a few are! Because it seems like nearly everyone on here is predicted 8A stars and don't know how many A s!

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, the poll result is 57% yes and 43% no. (Statistically, it should be 50/50). Clearly some of us think we're smarter than we are .
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunderX)
    Hmm, the poll result is 57% yes and 43% no. (Statistically, it should be 50/50). Clearly some of us think we're smarter than we are .
    That's not how statistics work. This is a small, self-selected, non-random sample, so there is no reason why it should have the same characteristics as a sufficiently-large random sample.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also it's about perception, and most people have a higher opinion of themselves, very few are humble enough to say I'm not as smart as them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    That's not how statistics work. This is a small, self-selected, non-random sample, so there is no reason why it should have the same characteristics as a sufficiently-large random sample.
    Yes, I did that course. Representative samples are less amusing though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Considering that plenty of those registered here are several years below me (see all those GCSE threads) i'm probably a tad above the average on this factor alone. But if you looked at all the 20 year olds on this site (my age) i'm probably below average.
    • 214 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I am... Smarter than the average :tsr2: user... (in terms of grades) But that's based on an average person here getting:
    7 A*s 4As at GCSE... (I hope to get 11 A*s 3As and a B and the equivalent of 3/4 A*-C) And A*AA at A LEVEL... (I hope to get A*A*A*A*AA)

I think I am, hope so anyway...

Spoiler:
    Show
    preparing myself for
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Not in terms of academics, but the amount of times I read something that makes me think "are you a ****ing retard?" just astounds me
    :rip:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.