The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I was angling for Leeds, which I really loved and was going to be my first choice before I went to Durham and decided I like it just that bit more.

I am really frustrated because 5 of my offers are basically the same and the 6th is lower, but to a University I shouldn't have applied to. GRR!
Reply 2
I'm even considering an AAB firm and AAA insurance just to keep my name on the uni record if I change my mind! Ur insurance can't serve in the normal way (as a back up incase u don't get the grades) but u might as well have one just in case u decide u prefer ur insurance over firm! U can notify the uni after u get ur results!
Theres no harm in putting something down as a 'backup' incase things do go wrong, and your insurance uni are willing to accept you!

Its better to have two chances of getting in than just the one :smile:
You might as well. There's always a chance the other uni would let you in anyway even if you missed the grades, and then you'll have 2 chances of getting in to uni instead of one.
Reply 5
chrissy909
I'm even considering an AAB firm and AAA insurance just to keep my name on the uni record if I change my mind! Ur insurance can't serve in the normal way (as a back up incase u don't get the grades) but u might as well have one just in case u decide u prefer ur insurance over firm! U can notify the uni after u get ur results!

Nopes thats not the case. If you make your offer you are contractually obliged to take up the place. Your insurance will be informed that you have met the terms of the firm and will assume you are going there. There is absolutely no point in puting a higher insurance. This is why they are called firm and insurance not first and second choice.
Reply 6
Thanks for your responses, everyone. You've been most helpful :biggrin: :tsr2:

Also, I think you can wangle your way out of your Firm. My friend's firm last year was Sport at York St John. When she got her grades, she begged them to release her and she ended up going to Yorkyork to read Economics :rolleyes:

I guess it will depend on the Uni though...
Reply 7
Both my firm and my insurance are BBB. I had an offer of BBC from Bristol but the course wasn't as good for me as my firm/insurance courses. You've got to spend 3/4 years at Uni, so pick your top two universities, regardless of grades required. You never know, one or both could end up in Clearing for lower grades if you don't meet the required ones.

Latest

Trending

Trending