The Student Room Group

Who would win a fight: Shearer or Keane?

Poll

Who would win a fight: Shearer or Keane?

Two of the hardest footballers out there.

I was watching this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10WpPVyoAZ0

Keane loses his temper and gets sent off whilst Shearer stands his ground and stays on the pitch.

Anyway, if they were both unleashed in a no disqualification match, who would win?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shearer would BATTER Keane.
Keane. I miss having him in our team so much

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Keane.

Keane is a small white guy who managed to intimidate a massive black guy (Vieira.)
Reply 4
It would be a close fight, but i'm leaning towards Keane. He is just such an angry, agressive man. He would just want it more.
Reply 5
Shearer. Imagine some of the balls he headed on a cold rainy evening at the dell in his early career, Keane's head is a peanut in comparison.
Reply 6
Sport :holmes:
Reply 7
Gattuso would destroy them both!
Reply 8
Keane will probably win against Shearer though not sure if he can cope up with Cantona.
Reply 9
The psycho always wins. Always. Keane reminds me of this small skinhead guy in a rough pub I used to frequent who used to stare at you when you walked in the door and kicked the **** into someone roughly once a week.
Reply 10
Kean, definitely; the man was possessed every time he wanted the ball.

I'd say, Neville would batter him even more.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Fusion
Shearer. Imagine some of the balls he headed on a cold rainy evening at the dell in his early career, Keane's head is a peanut in comparison.

Zidane and Shearer - the perfect clash of two heads :colone:.
Keane ... why is this even a question? It's somewhat obvious!
Reply 13
With keane it wasn't over till he'd crippled you in a cold blooded foul.
Just ask haland.

Evil mentalcase to finish his playing career with his legs still intact.
Reply 14
Shearer. Keane was/is a coward.
Big Dunc vs Keane would be a better fight.

Original post by Joinedup
With keane it wasn't over till he'd crippled you in a cold blooded foul.
Just ask haland.

Evil mentalcase to finish his playing career with his legs still intact.

Haaland retired because of a long term injury to his other knee, nothing to do with Keane tackle.
Reply 16
Original post by DaveSmith99
Big Dunc vs Keane would be a better fight.

Haaland retired because of a long term injury to his other knee, nothing to do with Keane tackle.

looks to me like keane kicked the leg that was up and free to move into the leg that was planted and therefore vulnerable. Admittedely the cameras back them didn't record the same level of footage.

3 things though.

You don't tackle someone by jumping onto their knee like that if you're bothered about ending their career or not.
2. The tackle was the result of a psycho grudge keane had been nursing for 3 years (since he tried a similar foul on haland which went wrong and busted keane's own knee up.)
3. Haland never finished another game after that foul.
Original post by Joinedup
looks to me like keane kicked the leg that was up and free to move into the leg that was planted and therefore vulnerable. Admittedely the cameras back them didn't record the same level of footage.

3 things though.

You don't tackle someone by jumping onto their knee like that if you're bothered about ending their career or not.
2. The tackle was the result of a psycho grudge keane had been nursing for 3 years (since he tried a similar foul on haland which went wrong and busted keane's own knee up.)
3. Haland never finished another game after that foul.

Yeah, Keane went into the tackle aiming to hurt him, but there is nothing to suggest that Keane ended his career, a different injury did. After that Haaland's tackle on Keane, a much worse tackle that put Keane out for a year and lost us the title, Haaland stood over Keane mocking him, he sounds like a bit of a ****.
Keane. He was an excellent player as well.
Reply 19
Original post by DaveSmith99
Yeah, Keane went into the tackle aiming to hurt him, but there is nothing to suggest that Keane ended his career, a different injury did. After that Haaland's tackle on Keane, a much worse tackle that put Keane out for a year and lost us the title, Haaland stood over Keane mocking him, he sounds like a bit of a ****.

Thats not true. Haaland didn't even tackle Keane. Keane lunged for the ball and got his leg knocked by Haaland who was also chasing it, thats where the injury happened. Keane went down in the box, which Haaland thought was a dive for a penalty and gave him (wrongly) abuse. The reason Keane destroyed him later was because of the abuse he got. You don't call Keane a faker and get away with it :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest