Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Black people and 'racism'

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We've just seen this whole scandal about John Terry and the outburst of disgust from black professionals about the verdict of the case.

We then see Rio Ferdinand ironically use racist slang.

But I'm going to use another example. Emmanuel Frimpong of Arsenal posted 'scum yid' to a Spurs supporter sometime this week. This is a racist term. I heard a Jew say that it is the equivalent of saying 'Nig army'. This isn't even to do with white people so no slavery excuses this time.

I don't get why no black footballers are appauled at that comment? They always throw out racism accusations but when one of their own give it out it'll just be ignored.

You can't say that Frimpong has a right to say yid as Spurs supporters openly use that term. I mean, Jay Z and Kanye West just released a song called '****** in paris'. Does that mean anyone who isn't black is allowed to call black people *******?

Heck just look at this http://www.meetup.com/find/?keywords...set=0&psize=30

If that doesn't provide you with the search results put 'black people' in the search engine. They have groups like 'black professionals' 'black singles' 'black entreprenuers' 'black women'.

I wonder what all these black professional footballers think about this?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yid is a nicknames for spurs players/fans because of the clubs jewish heritage, its like calling birmingham players/fans zulus.
    its not racist when you put it in context.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    stay DENCH
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a white person I have just as much right to say ****** as a black person. Whether or not we both can say it or we both can't say it, that is a completely different matter.

Edit: Wow, what do you racists have against white people? There should be no special treatment, morons.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    We've just seen this whole scandal about John Terry and the outburst of disgust from black professionals about the verdict of the case.

But I'm going to use another example. Emmanuel Frimpong of Arsenal posted 'scum yid' to a Spurs supporter sometime this week. This is a racist term. I heard a Jew say that it is the equivalent of saying 'Nig army'. This isn't even to do with white people so no slavery excuses this time.

I don't get why no black footballers are appauled at that comment? They always throw out racism accusations but when one of their own give it out it'll just be ignored.

You can't say that Frimpong has a right to say yid as Spurs supporters openly use that term. I mean, Jay Z and Kanye West just released a song called '****** in paris'. Does that mean anyone who isn't black is allowed to call black people *******?

If that doesn't provide you with the search results put 'black people' in the search engine. They have groups like 'black professionals' 'black singles' 'black entreprenuers' 'black women'.

Because Frimpong plays for a **** team. So people don't care what he says. #truthhurts
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it is pretty dumb how white people have to say 'the N word'

They should be allowed to say '******' as long as they aren't saying it in a derogatory way.

You don't hear grown adults saying 'the F word' and 'the S word'
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also watch detritus on BBC3 and now I am well equipped to tackle the world's problems.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)

Shows all kinds of people can be ignorant.The comment that Frimpong made is also unacceptable. It shouldn't be one tretment for one and then another for someone else.The word '******' is unacceptable by everyone. It should not be used as a term of endearment.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    I think it is pretty dumb how white people have to say 'the N word'

They should be allowed to say '******' as long as they aren't saying it in a derogatory way.

You don't hear grown adults saying 'the F word' and 'the S word'
    Does that make sense? Which ever way you say it it will still be derogatory. I think it's really dumb for anyone to use it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think this thread about black people and using the n word has already been done.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate this whole "I'm black/asian/jewish so I can say a racial slur/anti-semitic statement. It is illogical. Not to mention stupid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    Does that make sense? Which ever way you say it it will still be derogatory. I think it's really dumb for anyone to use it.
    There is a difference between saying 'F*ck" and *F"ck you"

Likewise there is a difference between saying the word "******" and using the word "******"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    As a white person I have just as much right to say n***** as a black person. Whether or not we both can say it or we both can't say it, that is a completely different matter.
    If you think you can say n***** and black people shouldn't be offended by it, I can call you whatever racist insults to white people there are and you shouldn't be offended by it either.
    Whenever a white person is racist to and ethnic minority person you're always like 'OMG OMG IT'S ONLY RACIST WHEN A WHITE PERSON DOES IT OMG OMG I'M A B*TCH OMG OMG' but whenever an ethnic minority person says something racist you're like 'WHY ARE YOU IN ENGLAND THEN WAAAAAAAAAAA I'M GONNA CRY LIKE A B*TCH NOW WAAAAA'. Either you stand up for no racism or you stand up for racism, you can't get mad when a non-white person is racist but then use excuses when a white person is racist.

Another example is this post, you're probably going to accuse me of being anti-white, but if you made the same post but replaced non-white with white and vice versa and I accused you of being racist, you would be like 'OMG HOW IS THAT RACIST OMG OMG SO IT'S ONLY RACIST WHEN A WHITE PERSON DOES IT OMG OMG I'M GOING TO GO TO THAT CORNER OVER THERE AND CRY LIKE A B*TCH'. And i'm only talking about dumb right wingers like you, not all white people.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    All arguments that go along these lines just sound like you want to be 'allowed to be racist too' (not that black people necessarily are 'allowed' to be racist). Also why are black people being singled out? This is not just a black issue when you are talking about racism. With regards to the whole John Terry thing, anyone would find it offensive - racism isn't only offensive to black people and this isn't a black vs white issue. Also in this particular instance, we're talking about football...a sport which has seen a lot of racial abuse levelled particularly at black players from large groups of people. These are not isolated incidents. So obviously if you have a football player making such remarks in the midst of this sensitivity of course it will spark outrage. Like someone said, it's all about context. When have you seen crowds of people racially abusing any white sportsman ever?? That's right, you haven't. So for you to make such a comparison is quite frankly ridiculous and your intentioned lack of understanding and even resentment that this issue causes outrage speaks volumes.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebuwa)
    What about Mark Twain in Huckle Berry Finn and Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles? They use the N-word quite often, and they use it as an indictment against racism. Why did I just have to say "n-word" instead of ****** when discussing literary contributions to society.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unclej)
    yid is a nicknames for spurs players/fans because of the clubs jewish heritage, its like calling birmingham players/fans zulus.
    its not racist when you put it in context.
    Yid was intented and thrown out as an insult, a negative connotation attached to it, not a nickname.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think we managed to make it three days since the last fighting-over-racism thread.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prog2djent)
    Yid was intented and thrown out as an insult, a negative connotation attached to it, not a nickname.
    it was adopted by jewish community and used with pride, other european teams such as bayern munich and ajax are jewish teams and they similarly use words such as yid and yid army and sport israel flags as a sense of pride.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    soft with the ladies, hard with the men?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theoneoranro)
    If you think you can say n***** and black people shouldn't be offended by it, I can call you whatever racist insults to white people there are and you shouldn't be offended by it either.
    Whenever a white person is racist to and ethnic minority person you're always like 'OMG OMG IT'S ONLY RACIST WHEN A WHITE PERSON DOES IT OMG OMG I'M A B*TCH OMG OMG' but whenever an ethnic minority person says something racist you're like 'WHY ARE YOU IN ENGLAND THEN WAAAAAAAAAAA I'M GONNA CRY LIKE A B*TCH NOW WAAAAA'. Either you stand up for no racism or you stand up for racism, you can't get mad when a non-white person is racist but then use excuses when a white person is racist.

Another example is this post, you're probably going to accuse me of being anti-white, but if you made the same post but replaced non-white with white and vice versa and I accused you of being racist, you would be like 'OMG HOW IS THAT RACIST OMG OMG SO IT'S ONLY RACIST WHEN A WHITE PERSON DOES IT OMG OMG I'M GOING TO GO TO THAT CORNER OVER THERE AND CRY LIKE A B*TCH'. And i'm only talking about dumb right wingers like you, not all white people.
    I don't know what you're blabbering on about but I'm sure you're fully aware of black people legally allowed to say n***** and get away with it so presumably they're fine with the word being uttered. Unless not in that case why is it allowed?

Moron.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.