The Student Room Group

Would anyone be interested in this type of work?

Hi,
I’ll just start by saying this post isn't a thinly disguised advert, so hopefully it won’t get deleted.
I’m after your opinions on whether anyone would want to do the type of work I’m offering and if so where I should advertise it?

Basically I’m looking for students to help me promote poker sites offline. I’m used to promoting sites online, but I want to run a campaign offline aimed at students. At the moment I’m promoting a free prize draw for anyone that opens an account at a poker site. So I would be looking for people to help me get sign ups (and promote however much or little they wanted to). Each person they do sign up would earn them £20. I’d be providing any promo material like posters, business cards or whatever they need. The idea is you can just sign up yourself or a mate for £20 or £40, or you could go mad and promote to everyone and leaflet everywhere. I thought the student lifestyle might make it easier for people to earn some good money pretty quickly.

So can I ask do you think anyone would want to do this?
If not, why not?
And if they did, where should I advertise to find people?

Thanks.

And I hope this isn’t spamming?
Reply 1
this sounds like a scam to me- say i signed u how much would i need to pay?
i wouldn't be too up for ripping off my peers
Reply 2
cleas001
this sounds like a scam to me- say i signed u how much would i need to pay?
i wouldn't be too up for ripping off my peers

You don't pay anything, I pay you.
You wouldn't be ripping off your peers as it's all straight up would be clearly explained. A promoter gets £20 for every sign up, the new player gets a prize (min of $30), I can't give more details here cos that would be spamming or canvassing.

Assuming once someone had seen the details and they were happy it was not a scam, would students be interested in this? Where should I let them know I have work for them?
Reply 3
fubared
Hi,
I’ll just start by saying this post isn't a thinly disguised advert, so hopefully it won’t get deleted.
I’m after your opinions on whether anyone would want to do the type of work I’m offering and if so where I should advertise it?

Basically I’m looking for students to help me promote poker sites offline. I’m used to promoting sites online, but I want to run a campaign offline aimed at students. At the moment I’m promoting a free prize draw for anyone that opens an account at a poker site. So I would be looking for people to help me get sign ups (and promote however much or little they wanted to). Each person they do sign up would earn them £20. I’d be providing any promo material like posters, business cards or whatever they need. The idea is you can just sign up yourself or a mate for £20 or £40, or you could go mad and promote to everyone and leaflet everywhere. I thought the student lifestyle might make it easier for people to earn some good money pretty quickly.

So can I ask do you think anyone would want to do this?
If not, why not?
And if they did, where should I advertise to find people?

Thanks.

And I hope this isn’t spamming?

Sounds like a sort of pyramid scheme to me. About the best way to end up completely friendless I can think of. I kicked a neigbor out of my house once for trying to get me involved in something like that.....he sat there for two hours drinking my booze and eating my cheese & biscuits and then asked me to sell his junk (vitamin pills) to my friends & family. I told him to get his arse out of my house tut suit.
Doesn't sound like a pyramid scheme to me - the people being "signed up", unless I'm mistaken, are being signed up to play poker, not to promote the site. It can't be a pyramid with only one layer!