The Student Room Group

Friendzone

This whole woman and men can't be friends thing is really bothering me.. I know women friendzone men but seems like men don't friendzone alot of their female friends... I don't know how I am going to be able to cope in my next relationship because now I am so worried that the guy I am with has feelings for his female friends.

Out of your opposite sex friends, how many of them do you actually REALLY LIKE, as in in a romantic way/want to have a relationship with? (If you really like them and just dont want to ruin the friendship then that counts as not being just friends) and I'm NOT just talking about friends you LIKE in a friend way but would have sex with.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Of my female friends? Absolutely none. It'd feel weird to sleep with them O.o AND most of my friends are female because of the sixth-form I ended up going to. Guys do friendzone girls...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
None - Whilst I feel it's important to build a friendship first before a relationship, I tend to do that knowing that I like them already and would want something more in future. Those that are now my friends are long-term friends and will remain that way. Relationships, if they don't work out, can turn things ugly and I wouldn't want to risk that friendship going to pot.
Reply 3
Original post by Schmucks
None - Whilst I feel it's important to build a friendship first before a relationship, I tend to do that knowing that I like them already and would want something more in future. Those that are now my friends are long-term friends and will remain that way. Relationships, if they don't work out, can turn things ugly and I wouldn't want to risk that friendship going to pot.

So you do have feelings for them but dont want to do anything about it because of the risk?
Reply 4
Original post by blondyx
So you do have feelings for them but dont want to do anything about it because of the risk?

No, they're friends permenantly and I see them as nothing more. I only even consider the thought of a relationship with someone i'm attracted to, which generally speaking is a new person in my life. I certainly wouldn't entertain any idea whatsoever if I was seeing someone or going out with someone either.

As Deyesy said, lads friendzone too. Infact, most of us wish we did it more.
Well-I can appreciate that my female friends are good looking and sexy. And, being honest, if I was single and in the right place, and I was offered sex from them, I most probably would, because if I refused it would be awkward anyway! But it wouldn't be a romantic thing, and I wouldn't be the one pursuing it, because they are a friend, and I certainly wouldn't have romantic or sexual thoughts about female friends when I was in a relationship.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Well-I can appreciate that my female friends are good looking and sexy. And, being honest, if I was single and in the right place, and I was offered sex from them, I most probably would, because if I refused it would be awkward anyway! But it wouldn't be a romantic thing, and I wouldn't be the one pursuing it, because they are a friend, and I certainly wouldn't have romantic or sexual thoughts about female friends when I was in a relationship.

But do you have romantic feelings for any of them? I know you would sleep with them if single and wouldnt if in a relationship, but is there any of them you have feelings for in more than just a friend way?
Reply 7
Surely this is all going to become redundant when you get into your next relationship as you'd surely only be with someone you trusted enough to not cheat on you or want to be with anyone else?

Don't worry about it, and just make sure you trust them before you're in a relationship with them.
Reply 8
Original post by Schmucks
Surely this is all going to become redundant when you get into your next relationship as you'd surely only be with someone you trusted enough to not cheat on you or want to be with anyone else?

Don't worry about it, and just make sure you trust them before you're in a relationship with them.

How would I know though? Without interrogating him about if there are any of his friends that he has feelings for or anyone else, then I won't know. I cant exactly interrogate without coming across as a pyscho. It seems like people can like more than one person at once :frown:
Original post by blondyx
How would I know though? Without interrogating him about if there are any of his friends that he has feelings for or anyone else, then I won't know. I cant exactly interrogate without coming across as a pyscho. It seems like people can like more than one person at once :frown:

Of course they can. But if he's going out with you, he's interested in you
Original post by blondyx
But do you have romantic feelings for any of them? I know you would sleep with them if single and wouldnt if in a relationship, but is there any of them you have feelings for in more than just a friend way?

No, I said that even if we did have FWB sex, it wouldn't be romantic, and I can't imagine having romantic feelings for a friend, at least, not one I've had for a long time.
Hmm.. about 2 of them.. but if I were dating someone; then I believe the original feelings I had/have would've disappeared? Though I've stopped being friends with girls that I don't genuinely want to be friends with, and just fancy.
Reply 12
Original post by blondyx

You would just know. He would assure tou and you would have a genuine belief in his feelings towards you and nobody else.

I'm sorry, I don't really udnerstand your point. if you feel a guy could like someone else too as much as you, how could you be confident in a relationship with them?

I mean, I have some messed up trust issues now, but I can at least understand that i'd not go with someone if I felt they were interested in someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending