Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dog fouled On my garden!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For the past two weeks number of dogs I suspects have been fouling on my garden.
    Finally it's time to take action. As there is no reason as to why I should clean my garden and let the person get away with it every time.

If I took photos of the dog doing the mess ad the person, can I take legal action against them.

Any serious opinion on this matter will be helpful as I am really stressed out.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take legal action but I would ask them to stop. Simply when they do it, walk out of the door in the middle of the act and shout "'Excuse me mate, you gonna pick up that crap?!"
    Or simply say "I don't want your ****!"

I think that will probably be just as satisfying, then, if it continues, obtain legal action.

EDIT:
    Also, cats and dogs HATE the smell of pepper, so, if you sprinkle a bit of pepper wherever they foul your garden, they should leave it alone.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If telling the owners doesn't work.

If you know where they live, put it in a bag and leave on their doorstep. Point will be made.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umer786)
    For the past two weeks number of dogs I suspects have been fouling on my garden.
    Finally it's time to take action. As there is no reason as to why I should clean my garden and let the person get away with it every time.

If I took photos of the dog doing the mess ad the person, can I take legal action against them.
    lol I don't know but please update us on here, including the content of the legal correspondence of this case
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best thing to do is be civilised and polite when speaking to the owners, and just tell them this is happening and if they wouldn't mind ensuring it stops. To say something like "I don't want your ****!" may make matters worse resulting in non-cooperation which may make matters worse.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not nice to say the least. however at least poop is left in my garden by my own dogs

OP don't do something stupid e.g. flaming bag of poop on the doorstep and ringing the bell. Just address the matter face to face
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Legal action is last resort. The thing you do when you have exhausted every other thing. Talk to them. Ask them to pick it up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone for your opinions on this matter. I was awake from 7:00-10:00 in the morning, but nobody showed up today. Hopefully once they do, i'll have a word with them.

i will keep you all updated.

Over and Out.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 19, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.